Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:38 am 

Hello, I am interested in the middle way. I am on here to learn and hopefully figure out the right place for me to go.

"Sona, before you became a monk you were a musician". Sona said that was true. So the Buddha said, "As a musician which string of the lute produces a pleasant and harmonious sound. The over-tight string?" "No," said Sona, "The over-tight string produces an unpleasant sound and is moreover likely to break at any moment." "The string that is too loose?" Again, "No, the string that is too loose does not produce a tuneful sound. The string that produces a tuneful sound is the string that is not too tight and not too loose."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:36 pm 

Hi Distorted, :smile:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Regards,

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:06 pm 

Thank You Tara :mrgreen:

"Sona, before you became a monk you were a musician". Sona said that was true. So the Buddha said, "As a musician which string of the lute produces a pleasant and harmonious sound. The over-tight string?" "No," said Sona, "The over-tight string produces an unpleasant sound and is moreover likely to break at any moment." "The string that is too loose?" Again, "No, the string that is too loose does not produce a tuneful sound. The string that produces a tuneful sound is the string that is not too tight and not too loose."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:

Dhamma Wheel forum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:39 am 

David N. Snyder wrote:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:46 am 
Former staff member

Hi Distorted, I recommend you look into meeting Anam Thubten, who has a center in Richmond CA, and is quite a remarkable teacher. Here is a link to the website: http://dharmata.org/

Also, in Santa Cruz area there is Lama Tharchin --who is a great Dharma teacher, at the Vajrayana Foundation http://www.vajrayana.org/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:11 am 

Adamantine wrote:
Hi Distorted, I recommend you look into meeting Anam Thubten, who has a center in Richmond CA, and is quite a remarkable teacher. Here is a link to the website: http://dharmata.org/

Also, in Santa Cruz area there is Lama Tharchin --who is a great Dharma teacher, at the Vajrayana Foundation http://www.vajrayana.org/

Thank you for the info Adamntine. I went to the Vajrayana foundation recently. It was excellent and had a nice steep hike that brings you to a Stupa.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:16 pm 

Lama Lodru Rinpoche is at KDK in San Francisco, on the panhandle, if you're interested in checking out Tibetan Kagyu centers.

http://www.kdk.org

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

So many good Dharma opportunities in your part of the world. Here is one that gets less attention, but is still very much worth keeping on your radar:

http://www.caltendai.org

viewtopic.php?f=114&t=13727

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:41 pm 

Thank you for all the continuing responses. It is much appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 am 

I think I should post some of my questions in here I think rather making a whole new thread scattered in Dharma Wheel.

I have nothing to ask but wanted to share this video.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:39 pm 

Distortion,

Welcome to DW! Looking forward to your posts. And I must say, that I'm truly jealous you have so many opportunities in regards to your choice of Dharma teachings and centers, as I currently live in a fairly rural community. :)

dnz