Religion is on your Phone

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

Religion is on your Phone

Postby yadave » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:22 pm

This is fun. Apparently people are becoming more religious but also more objective. This questions the traditional role of authority in religion. Maybe less of a problem for Buddhism as we are encouraged to "find out for ourselves" in the first place.

"How does the internet change what I do?" Well, that applies to religious leaders as well. If people can create virtual communities, do they still need sangha? That’s just one subject to be tackled at a conference on digital religion that starts tomorrow in Boulder.

http://www.cpr.org/#load_article|Religi ... Your_Phone

Regards,
Dave.
yadave

Re: Religion is on your Phone

Postby Blue Garuda » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:59 pm

When I use my phone I hear the voices in my head and sometimes I talk to God as well but it could be Buddha as he has a Delhi accent and wants me to join his 'broad band'. Sometimes his angels send me messages by text offering to let me see their glory as 'premuim rate' beings, but these are surely goddesses of the charnel ground Micro Soft.

Is phoney religion best or should I take the sinful apple and buy an iPad so I can better worship his messenger Kevin teaching in trance through the Yotube oracle?
Left
Blue Garuda

Re: Religion is on your Phone

Postby yadave » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:21 am

:twothumbsup:
yadave

Return to News & Current Events