Mark all threads read?

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Mark all threads read?

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

Sometimes people don't want to log out and log back in to see unread threads. (At least I don't).

:toilet:
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Re: Mark all threads read?

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Hi Tashi :)

Have you tried clicking on the "View New Posts" link on the right side (when you're at the board index)? When you click there you can see which threads you've read and which are new. Anytime there's new posts in the thread it should show up as unread for you if you haven't read it.

The same should be true if you click the "View Active Topics" link. When you refresh that page, if a thread has a new post in it then it shows up as unread for you. If there's an orange box to the left of the thread then there is a new posts(s) in it and it's "unread." If the box is gray then you've already seen it and there's nothing new in the thread so it's "read."

Best,
Laura
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Ngawang Drolma wrote:Hi Tashi :)

Have you tried clicking on the "View New Posts" link on the right side (when you're at the board index)? When you click there you can see which threads you've read and which are new. Anytime there's new posts in the thread it should show up as unread for you if you haven't read it.

The same should be true if you click the "View Active Topics" link. When you refresh that page, if a thread has a new post in it then it shows up as unread for you. If there's an orange box to the left of the thread then there is a new posts(s) in it and it's "unread." If the box is gray then you've already seen it and there's nothing new in the thread so it's "read."

Best,
Laura
Hi Drolma

What if I'm looking at a zillion threads, all unread, and I want to make them read without logging out? Aside from logging out and back in is there a way to do that?

:techproblem: :rolling:
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Hi Tashi :)

Ohhhh, I understand now what you're suggesting. And you're right, at the moment there's not an option to mark threads as "read" at your own discretion.

It's a good suggestion, thanks. I'll find out if it's an option we can add.

Best,
Laura
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Okies, no worries.

:thanks:
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Ngawang Drolma wrote:Hi Tashi :)

Ohhhh, I understand now what you're suggesting. And you're right, at the moment there's not an option to mark threads as "read" at your own discretion.

It's a good suggestion, thanks. I'll find out if it's an option we can add.

Best,
Laura
Me too - I have been away a long time and would like to clear the unread posts. I am pretty sure that option of marking all posts read is around somewhere.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

I did find the "mark all threads read" buttons, but you have to go to each forum or sub-forum to find it, at bottom right.
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Oh - thank you. If there was a universal one on the main forum page I'd find that useful to blast em all in one fell swoop. But not urgent obviously.

And of course I don't mean to imply that I don't thoroughly read every single thread posted here ...

:thinking: :toilet:
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:And of course I don't mean to imply that I don't thoroughly read every single thread posted here ...
Hehe, made me chuckle Tashi :D

Sorry, I've checked and I just can't figure out a way to make this happen.

Best,
Laura

Return to “Suggestion Box”