Mark all threads read?

How can we improve this forum to better serve our members?

Mark all threads read?

Postby Karma Dondrup Tashi » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:01 pm

Sometimes people don't want to log out and log back in to see unread threads. (At least I don't).

:toilet:
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Re: Mark all threads read?

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi Tashi :)

Have you tried clicking on the "View New Posts" link on the right side (when you're at the board index)? When you click there you can see which threads you've read and which are new. Anytime there's new posts in the thread it should show up as unread for you if you haven't read it.

The same should be true if you click the "View Active Topics" link. When you refresh that page, if a thread has a new post in it then it shows up as unread for you. If there's an orange box to the left of the thread then there is a new posts(s) in it and it's "unread." If the box is gray then you've already seen it and there's nothing new in the thread so it's "read."

Best,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Postby Karma Dondrup Tashi » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:45 pm

Ngawang Drolma wrote:Hi Tashi :)

Have you tried clicking on the "View New Posts" link on the right side (when you're at the board index)? When you click there you can see which threads you've read and which are new. Anytime there's new posts in the thread it should show up as unread for you if you haven't read it.

The same should be true if you click the "View Active Topics" link. When you refresh that page, if a thread has a new post in it then it shows up as unread for you. If there's an orange box to the left of the thread then there is a new posts(s) in it and it's "unread." If the box is gray then you've already seen it and there's nothing new in the thread so it's "read."

Best,
Laura

Hi Drolma

What if I'm looking at a zillion threads, all unread, and I want to make them read without logging out? Aside from logging out and back in is there a way to do that?

:techproblem: :rolling:
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi Tashi :)

Ohhhh, I understand now what you're suggesting. And you're right, at the moment there's not an option to mark threads as "read" at your own discretion.

It's a good suggestion, thanks. I'll find out if it's an option we can add.

Best,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Postby Karma Dondrup Tashi » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Okies, no worries.

:thanks:
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Postby Will » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:37 am

Ngawang Drolma wrote:Hi Tashi :)

Ohhhh, I understand now what you're suggesting. And you're right, at the moment there's not an option to mark threads as "read" at your own discretion.

It's a good suggestion, thanks. I'll find out if it's an option we can add.

Best,
Laura

Me too - I have been away a long time and would like to clear the unread posts. I am pretty sure that option of marking all posts read is around somewhere.
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Postby Will » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:38 pm

I did find the "mark all threads read" buttons, but you have to go to each forum or sub-forum to find it, at bottom right.
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Postby Karma Dondrup Tashi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Oh - thank you. If there was a universal one on the main forum page I'd find that useful to blast em all in one fell swoop. But not urgent obviously.

And of course I don't mean to imply that I don't thoroughly read every single thread posted here ...

:thinking: :toilet:
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:50 am

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:And of course I don't mean to imply that I don't thoroughly read every single thread posted here ...

Hehe, made me chuckle Tashi :D

Sorry, I've checked and I just can't figure out a way to make this happen.

Best,
Laura
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Return to Suggestion Box