For my parents

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
DeepFriedFunk

For my parents

Post by DeepFriedFunk »

I am new to the forums and to Buddhism. Something profound has happened the past month, my mental state has completely changed. If you have read my other you will understand why my parents need strength. They have been through a lot.

First of all they are over worked, old and decaying and this causes me a lot of sadness. My mother is not happy with her retirement. My father has grown into a bitter man, who unfortunately holds a lot of hatred based upon race. Despite living comfortably he is constantly angry about money.

Secondly, I have caused them much pain through my own actions and I am slowly improving my own life and planting seeds of compassion so that my parents and i can lead a slightly happier existence.

Please pray that they can see the good intention of my actions and that they can find some strength to find more happiness in there life. I have tried to get them to meditate but you can lead a horse to water...

Peace. Josh.
Anders

Re: For my parents

Post by Anders »

I chant the Mantra Om Mani Padme Hum every day. I will dedicate this to them today.

:anjali:
"Even if my body should be burnt to death in the fires of hell
I would endure it for myriad lifetimes
As your companion in practice"

--- Gandavyuha Sutra
DeepFriedFunk

Post by DeepFriedFunk »

I have been doing the same nightly, thank you again! Your a rather nice guy!
plwk

Post by plwk »

Your post is a heartfelt one and one of the rare ones on forums that has actually touched me.
I will remember you and your parents in my daily practice and dedications :namaste:

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”