boredom

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

boredom

Postby maybay » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:57 am

I'm looking for material that addresses the issue of over-stimulation.
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron
maybay

Re: boredom

Postby ronnewmexico » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Not knowing ones spiritual choice or direction this is a bit of a stab in the dark but....

An Ocean of the Ultimate Meaning by Khenchen Thrangu, published by Shambala, Chapter 5 Enhancing stabilty in meditation may be helpful.
Focusing on thoughts addresses the necessity of combining meditative practice with daily activity and such things.

There are specific remedies for active minds impinging upon a stability meditative practice that may be employed, but perhaps this is more the area of concern than that.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Postby maybay » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:06 pm

An ocean sounds good and I love Khenchen Thrangu. He´s very patient and very brave.
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron
maybay

Postby ronnewmexico » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Ah my stab may have hit the mark intended :D

Yes he is truly wonderful in many ways.
If you have not read that you will thoroughly enjoy it and it touches on this to my opinion.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Return to Personal Experience