Just call me Sönam

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Sönam

Just call me Sönam

Post by Sönam »

hello,

Some of you may already know me ... I'm french, and it's sometime not easy to decode what I've been writting, so fortunatelly you can learn patience !

I'm a Vajra practitioner, rimay, and my precious masters are kagyu-pa and nyingma-pa ...

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Just call me Sönam

Post by DNS »

Hi Sonam!

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

Where have you been the last six months or so (with no e-sangha)?
KathyLauren

Post by KathyLauren »

Hi, Sönam. :hi:

Om mani padme hum
Keith
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

David N. Snyder wrote:Hi Sonam!

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

Where have you been the last six months or so (with no e-sangha)?
many friends are on facebook as you know and I am running a site SanghaForum (You are a member of the short version on fb ... lol) ... and some teachings in between

:namaste: Tashi Delek
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

KeithBC wrote:Hi, Sönam. :hi:

Om mani padme hum
Keith
I really, really love your new look ... it reminds me my young years when we were all in communities

Peace & Love my friend !
- Longchen Rabjam -
Luke

Post by Luke »

Welcome aboard Sonam!

That's cool that you practice in both the Kagyu and Nyingma traditions. Those are the ones which interest me the most.

That's also cool that you're French. It seems like there have been many great Tibetan Buddhist centers in France for a long time. Did you ever meet Bokar Rinpoche by any chance?

:anjali:
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Luke wrote:Welcome aboard Sonam!

That's cool that you practice in both the Kagyu and Nyingma traditions. Those are the ones which interest me the most.

That's also cool that you're French. It seems like there have been many great Tibetan Buddhist centers in France for a long time. Did you ever meet Bokar Rinpoche by any chance?

:anjali:
There is still many centers, from the 4 traditions (+ Bon). And yes many masters Kalu, Bokar but Dudjom Rinpoché too ... I did'nt had the opportunity to meet with Bokar Rinpoché.
This year apart from the visit of Karmapa, Shiva Lodrö Rinpoché was there last month, Kyabje Kalou Rinpoche is now in France (and I should meet him in the 1000 Buddhas beginning April).
Many others masters are coming Sakya Trizin in june, Kyentse Yangse Rinpoché in July ...

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Sönam wrote: many friends are on facebook as you know and I am running a site SanghaForum (You are a member of the short version on fb ... lol) ... and some teachings in between
Is this the forum you are running:
http://sangha.leforum.eu/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thumbsup:

It's good to see the Dharma Wheel turning in French too!
Clueless Git

Post by Clueless Git »

'Lo Sanam :)

I remember you from eSangha too!
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

David N. Snyder wrote:
Sönam wrote: many friends are on facebook as you know and I am running a site SanghaForum (You are a member of the short version on fb ... lol) ... and some teachings in between
Is this the forum you are running:
http://sangha.leforum.eu/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thumbsup:

It's good to see the Dharma Wheel turning in French too!
yes, with a "digest" on facebook in english (Sorry ... you are not a member :smile: )

the main purpose of our forum are translations (from English and sometime Tibetan to French) because compared to english the dharma texts are not so spreaded ... and some "main" texts are missing.
Fortunatelly, in Dzogchen, we have some author/translators from Tibetan ... and some texts could be translated from french to english. I'm thinking for exemple to "Le Docte et Glorieux Roi" (mKhas pa shri rgyal po) and some others ("Les Conseils Oraux du Maître Samantabhadra" - Kun bzang bla ma'i zhal lung).

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Post by Ngawang Drolma »

Tashi Delek Sonam! It's good to see you again :hi:

Best,
Laura
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

much love all ...

_/\_
Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Hello !
Do you not have a secretary like the ones that Lama Ole Nydahl used to have,( or he has them still ?), who could choose a better picture for You ?!
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

Aemilius wrote:Hello !
Do you not have a secretary like the ones that Lama Ole Nydahl used to have,( or he has them still ?), who could choose a better picture for You ?!
Curious answer ... could you explain us what are the "correct" criteria for "better" ? it sounds like a division apprehender/apprhended ...

Sönam
- Longchen Rabjam -
justsit

Post by justsit »

Welcome, Sönam, so good to see you again!

Looking forward to your valuable contributions here.

Best wishes,
Justsit
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

I see from another thread that Sönam has passed away, sad news. So bumping up this old intro thread in his honor. He was here from almost the beginning and posted up to last year around this time.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

I did not know him personally, but i got the sense from his posts that he was a true practitioner.

May he rest in peace.

Kevin
PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis »

He absolutely was, 110%.
Generally, enjoyment of speech is the gateway to poor [results]. So it becomes the foundation for generating all negative emotional states. Jampel Pawo, The Certainty of the Diamond Mind

For posts from this user, see Karma Dondrup Tashi account.
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

RIP
Had our differences some years back, but seemed like good people.
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

We will keep you fresh on DW. :twothumbsup:

Return to “Introductions”