Pictures of Vajrayogini wearing clothes?

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Luke

Pictures of Vajrayogini wearing clothes?

Post by Luke »

A while back, I attended a Phowa empowerment and teaching which was given by a Drikung lama. In this Phowa text, Vajrayogini is wearing clothes in the visualization. I actually asked the lama what kind of clothes she is wearing, and he said that the text just says that she's wearing some kind of clothes which are made from red silk.

Has anyone ever found a picture of Vajrayogini wearing clothes on the internet? I know that during completion stage meditations she's visualized as being nude and these seem to be the only pictures of her I can find on the internet.
Josef

Re: Pictures of Vajrayogini wearing clothes?

Post by Josef »

Luke wrote:A while back, I attended a Phowa empowerment and teaching which was given by a Drikung lama. In this Phowa text, Vajrayogini is wearing clothes in the visualization. I actually asked the lama what kind of clothes she is wearing, and he said that the text just says that she's wearing some kind of clothes which are made from red silk.

Has anyone ever found a picture of Vajrayogini wearing clothes on the internet? I know that during completion stage meditations she's visualized as being nude and these seem to be the only pictures of her I can find on the internet.
There are plenty of images of her with "ornaments" not sure about clothing though.
Was she wearing a business suit? I bet she would look great in a Valentino.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Luke

Post by Luke »

Nangwa wrote:There are plenty of images of her with "ornaments" not sure about clothing though.
Was she wearing a business suit? I bet she would look great in a Valentino.
No, this came from the ancient Phowa text of the Drikung Kagyu as explained by the visiting Khenpo from the Drikung Kagyu Institute. But yes, Vajrayogini would look good in many types of clothing. Anyway, it seems that images of a clothed Vajrayogini are quite rare.

When I think of "red silk clothes," I imagine something sort of Chinese-like like this:
I'm not sure what the Tibetan equivalent would be.
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

I've never seen an image of Vajrayogini with clothes on, it does seem indeed that this is quite rare.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Sönam

Post by Sönam »

you mean like that ...

I founded it there http://www.dancemandal.com/photo-gallery-press/ ... but it's not really serious

Sönam
By understanding everything you perceive from the perspective of the view, you are freed from the constraints of philosophical beliefs.
By understanding that any and all mental activity is meditation, you are freed from arbitrary divisions between formal sessions and postmeditation activity.
- Longchen Rabjam -
mudra

Post by mudra »

Sonam - LOL

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”