Words of my Perfect Teacher

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
kirtu
Former staff member

Words of my Perfect Teacher

Post by kirtu »

I'm a little hesitant to note this, but Leslie Ann Patton's excellent (IMO) film about Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, the playfully titled "Words of my Perfect Teacher" is available now at Youtube. I do expect it to be taken down any minute though. If you like it please buy a copy for yourself or friends.

This version has been badly subtitled partially in very bad English and partially in Chinese. So just ignore the English subtitles.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Mr. G

Re: Words of my Perfect Teacher

Post by Mr. G »

Good film, and Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche is a no-nonsense straight shooter.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Hahah, I have great respect for DKR, and his own films.. but I find the aesthetics of this documentary about him a bit hard to bear. . this fault lies completely with the filmmaker and doesn't reflect on him at all..if there is a fault.. It may just be my aesthetic snobbery.. the music, in particular I find difficult.. However, I am glad it was made and exists, and I can appreciate the content nonetheless...
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Thanks, for the link. I enjoyed this film.
Shaun :anjali:

Return to “Media”