Kitty thread

Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

Re: Kitty thread

Postby Annapurna » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Great, Kirtu!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who uses alternative healing methods!

Before her operation my cat (Juli) loved to ride in the car with me.

After her operation and the trauma, it reminded her of having been taken to the vet with it, and she was scared we would take her to the torture place again....what a pity to see a trusting, calm nature become tense and timid.

But she recovered quite well. Kept a small limp, and never trusted anybody but me again...*sigh*
Annapurna

Postby catmoon » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Missy update:

I think she is starting to gain back some lost weight. I have switched to a diet of tinned food with a different flavour each day and she is now eating almost a normal amount. She still thoroughly enjoys her daily brushing and gets around fine, just slower than she used to. Most times when I come in the door I am greeted by a meowing, tail-in-the-air pussycat. May she continue to improve.
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby kirtu » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:09 am

catmoon wrote:Missy update:

I think she is starting to gain back some lost weight. I have switched to a diet of tinned food with a different flavour each day and she is now eating almost a normal amount. She still thoroughly enjoys her daily brushing and gets around fine, just slower than she used to. Most times when I come in the door I am greeted by a meowing, tail-in-the-air pussycat. May she continue to improve.

Yay Missy! May she continue to improve and always be well, happy and peaceful.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby catmoon » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:21 am

Farewell to my old friend, Missy. She passed away this afternoon after a hard fight against cancer. She was my family, my comforter, and my best friend. Her life was long and good, and she benefitted many. May she swiftly find rebirth in the very best of circumstances. How I miss her. :crying:
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby retrofuturist » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:48 am

Greetings Catmoon,

:hug:

Metta,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes

Dhamma Wheel (Theravada forum) * Here Comes Trouble
retrofuturist
Founding Member

Postby plwk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:18 am

namo amitābhāya tathāgatāya | tad-yathā oṁ amṛtod bhave |amṛta siddhaṁ bhave |
amṛta vikrānte | amṛta vikrānta-gāmini | gagana kīrti-kare svāhā ||

Click on Chant
plwk

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:11 am

catmoon wrote:Farewell to my old friend, Missy. She passed away this afternoon after a hard fight against cancer. She was my family, my comforter, and my best friend. Her life was long and good, and she benefitted many. May she swiftly find rebirth in the very best of circumstances. How I miss her. :crying:

May Missy have a swift and fortunate birth _/\_

She was so fortunate to have such a caring, loving and kind human friend.

Many prayers and much metta going out to both of you.

:hug:
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Postby Luke » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:11 am

Poor kitty. You have my condolences, Catmoon. :hug:

My lama once said that the power of love isn't limited by space: If you think of someone with love in your heart, they will benefit no matter where they are or which next rebirth they have taken.

May Missy be healthy and happy in her next life.

Luke

Postby kirtu » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Catmoon - I am so sorry. May Missy quickly be reborn in the Pure Lands. :hug:

OM AMI DEWA HRIH
OM MANI PEDME HUNG
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby muni » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Little Missy; may no other than suffering cease.

Nonconditioned love, Catmoon. :hug:
We keep trying to tie knots in the vast, open sky, so we have something to hold onto to.
muni

Postby Huifeng » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:57 am

catmoon wrote:Farewell to my old friend, Missy. She passed away this afternoon after a hard fight against cancer. She was my family, my comforter, and my best friend. Her life was long and good, and she benefitted many. May she swiftly find rebirth in the very best of circumstances. How I miss her. :crying:

Sorry to hear that, my friend.

May both Missy and you too find peace.
Huifeng

Postby catmoon » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:19 pm

Thank you for your kindnesses.

I may have mentioned before, that were it not for my Buddhist friends and what they taught me about the value of life, Missy's life would have been cut short by two or three months, much of which turned out to be "quality" time.

It just seemed that she was suffering and unhappy - I could feel her wish to live on fading - I was starting to see evidence of continuous pain - physical deterioration, new troubles popping up. It was just too much to ask her to carry on any more.

So long as she seemed happy, even part of the day, it seemed best to leave things be. But even that was impermanent.

I think she will find human form next. She was exceptionally intelligent, unselfish, and tidy. She knew how to be a close friend with being overbearing. She spoke softly and had no vices. She had confidence. She had peace. She would snuggle up while I was meditating, and visibly relax and happily listen to my mantras.

Ah well enough blathering. Thank you all again.
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby Luke » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:56 pm

catmoon wrote:She would snuggle up while I was meditating, and visibly relax and happily listen to my mantras.

Cute. What a sweet (and smart and Buddhist) cat!

catmoon wrote:Ah well enough blathering. Thank you all again.

Thank you, Catmoon for sharing your feelings of love for your cat. I don't have any pets, and I'm not very good at doing lojong meditations on love yet, so your experiences have given me a valuable starting point to awaken love within myself.

Anyway, good luck with your continuing Dharma practice.

:buddha1:
Luke

Postby catmoon » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Well. Ain't life strange. Missy has not been gone a week, the wound is still raw, and lo and behold, I am being asked to take in a cat. This one is a Himalayan (very beautiful breed), and comes with a committment from the previous owner to cover all medical expenses.
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:29 pm

catmoon wrote:Well. Ain't life strange. Missy has not been gone a week, the wound is still raw, and lo and behold, I am being asked to take in a cat. This one is a Himalayan (very beautiful breed), and comes with a committment from the previous owner to cover all medical expenses.

Catmoon what a gift at just the right time. I'm glad for you and the Himalayan kitty.

Best,
Laura

:namaste:
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Postby catmoon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Kitty's arrival has been delayed 2 months as the owners want to keep her near the vet that is currently treating her. Poo.
catmoon
Former staff member

Previous

Return to Personal Experience