Rinchen Terdzod & Dudjom Tersar

Totoro

Rinchen Terdzod & Dudjom Tersar

Post by Totoro »

Hi

Does anyone know if the Dudjom Tersar is included within the Rinchen Terdzod transmission? Thank you.
MrDistracted

Re: Rinchen Terdzod & Dudjom Tersar

Post by MrDistracted »

Totoro wrote:Hi

Does anyone know if the Dudjom Tersar is included within the Rinchen Terdzod transmission? Thank you.

Hi
No, it's not.
:smile:
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

The story I've heard, fourth-hand or so, is that Jamgon Kongtrul had asked Dudjom Lingpa about including the Dudjom Tersar in the Terdzo, and Dudjom Lingpa said "No need-wherever your Rinchen Terdzo is propagated, my Terma will also be propagated."

Maybe someone who has clear details about this exchange can fill us in. I don't know if it apocryphal or not, in whole or in part.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Totoro

Post by Totoro »

Well it's important for me to know since my point is to find out whether someone who has received Rinchen Terdzod but not Dudjom Tersar (explicitly) can practise or transmit Dudjom Tersar. A Lama said he is not sure but maybe when DKR or Dudjom Rinpoche might have included it when they 'edited' Rinchen Terdzod? (don't mean to add more rumor and confusion, but the Lama himself was not sure so take this with a pinch of salt) So hope someone else can have more insight?
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

Hard to say for sure, but I'd think the Lama would know if he got Dudjom Tersar. It's not small......and I've never heard it given at the same time as Rinchen Terdzo.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Totoro wrote:Well it's important for me to know since my point is to find out whether someone who has received Rinchen Terdzod but not Dudjom Tersar (explicitly) can practise or transmit Dudjom Tersar. A Lama said he is not sure but maybe when DKR or Dudjom Rinpoche might have included it when they 'edited' Rinchen Terdzod? (don't mean to add more rumor and confusion, but the Lama himself was not sure so take this with a pinch of salt) So hope someone else can have more insight?

Dudjom Tersar is not in Rinchen Terzo. A person who has not received Dudjom Tersar cannot practice or transmit it.

N
Totoro

Post by Totoro »

Thank you for the confirmation Namdrol.

Return to “Nyingma”