Rinchen Terdzod & Dudjom Tersar

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Rinchen Terdzod & Dudjom Tersar

Postby Totoro » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi

Does anyone know if the Dudjom Tersar is included within the Rinchen Terdzod transmission? Thank you.
Totoro

Re: Rinchen Terdzod & Dudjom Tersar

Postby MrDistracted » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Totoro wrote:Hi

Does anyone know if the Dudjom Tersar is included within the Rinchen Terdzod transmission? Thank you.

Hi
No, it's not.
:smile:
MrDistracted

Postby conebeckham » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:16 pm

The story I've heard, fourth-hand or so, is that Jamgon Kongtrul had asked Dudjom Lingpa about including the Dudjom Tersar in the Terdzo, and Dudjom Lingpa said "No need-wherever your Rinchen Terdzo is propagated, my Terma will also be propagated."

Maybe someone who has clear details about this exchange can fill us in. I don't know if it apocryphal or not, in whole or in part.
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby Totoro » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 am

Well it's important for me to know since my point is to find out whether someone who has received Rinchen Terdzod but not Dudjom Tersar (explicitly) can practise or transmit Dudjom Tersar. A Lama said he is not sure but maybe when DKR or Dudjom Rinpoche might have included it when they 'edited' Rinchen Terdzod? (don't mean to add more rumor and confusion, but the Lama himself was not sure so take this with a pinch of salt) So hope someone else can have more insight?
Totoro

Postby conebeckham » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:06 am

Hard to say for sure, but I'd think the Lama would know if he got Dudjom Tersar. It's not small......and I've never heard it given at the same time as Rinchen Terdzo.
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby Malcolm » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:56 am

Totoro wrote:Well it's important for me to know since my point is to find out whether someone who has received Rinchen Terdzod but not Dudjom Tersar (explicitly) can practise or transmit Dudjom Tersar. A Lama said he is not sure but maybe when DKR or Dudjom Rinpoche might have included it when they 'edited' Rinchen Terdzod? (don't mean to add more rumor and confusion, but the Lama himself was not sure so take this with a pinch of salt) So hope someone else can have more insight?

Dudjom Tersar is not in Rinchen Terzo. A person who has not received Dudjom Tersar cannot practice or transmit it.

N
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
Malcolm

Postby Totoro » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:17 pm

Thank you for the confirmation Namdrol.
Totoro

Return to Nyingma