YOU CANNOT POST. OUR WEB HOSTING COMPANY DECIDED TO MOVE THE SERVER TO ANOTHER LOCATION. IN THE MEANTIME, YOU CAN VIEW THIS VERSION WHICH DOES NOT ALLOW POSTING AND WILL NOT SAVE ANYTHING YOU DO ONCE THE OTHER SERVER GOES ONLINE.

see ya later - Dhamma Wheel

see ya later

Casual discussion amongst spiritual friends.
dhammastudier

see ya later

Postby dhammastudier » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:42 pm

ok i give up. i'm probably not going to post on here anymore unless there's a question that cannot be answered any other way. not that this is a bad thing but there are too many overly critical people and too many micro managers on here. again, not a bad thing but not for me. i prefer a more open and flowing communication as opposed to arguments over semantics of minute details. i'll save my questions for the monks, nuns, and lay practitioners at the temple i go to because i've NEVER had this type of over-critiquing and micro-management there or at any temple and i probably never will.

i really appreciate all the answers to my questions though guys! lot's of learned folks on here! thanks so much!
:heart:
zac

BubbaBuddhist

Re: see ya later

Postby BubbaBuddhist » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:00 pm

Well zac it's the internet--what can you expect? You have to take this into account when you deal with internet forums. It isn't "real life." I used to become frustrated with the ubergeekiness myself until I realized that this was typical of the media. If you tried to communicate like this in real life people would just get up and walk away. :tongue:

J
Author of Redneck Buddhism: or Will You Reincarnate as Your Own Cousin?

acinteyyo

Postby acinteyyo » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:14 pm

good luck!
but it seems to me you mabe just keep on seeking for different answers because the answers you got here simply didn't satisfy your expectations. however answers of great value aren't always those which are in line with our expectations.

best wishes, acinteyyo
Thag 1.20. Ajita - I do not fear death; nor do I long for life. I’ll lay down this body, aware and mindful.

Mukunda

Postby Mukunda » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:28 pm

SDC

Postby SDC » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:44 pm

zac,

You overwhelmed the board with dozens of questions and ideas. Not that it was a bad thing, but if you would have taken some time to observe the pace of this board you would have seen that the frequency of posts is normally not that high. This board is fairly young, so its natural that there isn't so much posting. You were very eager and enthusiastic and perhaps that overwhelmed some people too. My advice to you in the future is to take the time to evaluate a situation before you dive in with all your expectations.

Also, you are not dealing with perfect beings here despite our quest for it. We all have flaws. Sorry you were let down. I truly hope you decide to stay because if you channel your enthusiasm it would be a welcomed part of this community. :smile:

Journey

Postby Journey » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:21 pm

cooran

Postby cooran » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Stay around Zac ~ maybe just post your stimulating questions in the right sub-forum. The last thread which seems to have brought about your thought of not contributing any further, was put in the very forum which requires precision and posts closely tied to the scriptures. i.e. Classical Theravada which is :A forum for members who wish to develop a deeper understanding of the Pali Canon and associated Commentaries, which for discussion purposes are both treated as authoritative."

You are appreciated :group: , and I'd like to see you to continue to post on Dhamma Wheel so we can all benefit from the questions/issues you raise - but to begin with try the the sub-forums where less exactness is required in the discussion. e.g. Modern Theravada sub-forums or the General Dhamma sub-forums.

How about it?

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Postby retrofuturist » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:27 am

"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead" - Thomas Paine

Reductor

Postby Reductor » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:57 am

From my observation, Zac, I would say you need to mature a little bit more. Or, put another way: you need to tie your knees together until you overcome that knee jerk defensiveness.

Also, understand that people will always answer the questions in the way they see best and that you, as the OP, will occasionally have to restate yourself and direct the flow back to the OT. This is not well served by the tactics you have so far exhibited.

But all in all Zac, it would be a shame if you cut and run. As has been pointed out, it is good to have enthusiastic and inquisitive people shaking things up.

Hope you stick around.

alan

Postby alan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:07 am

I'm Sooooo bummed, dude!

Return to “Lounge”