It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:27 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Entrance exam (joke)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

Entrance Exam

A Christian, a Muslim and a Buddhist die and arrive at the Gate of Heaven. An angel (or deva) stops them and asks, “Why do you come here? Can you tell me the reasons why you are allowed to enter Heaven?”

The Christian replies, “My ancestors disobeyed God, and I sinned all my life: I killed, I lied, I cheated my wife and I was greedy. However, Jesus died for me and all my sins are forgiven. So I deserve to enter Heaven.”

“OK,” replies the Angel. “Sounds good, but I must give you an entrance examination before you can enter.” The Christian promptly agrees and the Angel asks him: “How do you spell God?” It is an easy question, and the Christian passes through the Gate.

Next came the Muslim, who says, “I did not do any especially good or evil things during my life but I was very devout. I prayed to God five times a day. So, I too should enter Heaven.” The Angel replies, “It sounds OK to me, but I have to give you a test also. How do you spell Allah?” The Muslim passes the test and enters Heaven.

Finally, it is the Buddhist’s turn. He tells the Angel, “I’ve done all the good things in my life and I followed Buddha’s five precepts: I never killed, I donated to charities, I meditated every day, and I never cheated my boss nor my customers.” The Angel replies, “That is very good, but there are no exceptions. You must pass the entrance test also in order to get in.” Thinking that the test should be simple, the Buddhist happily agrees.

The Angel then asks him: “How do you spell Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva?”

from: http://www.dharmathecatcartoons.com/15blog/?page_id=31

Dhamma Wheel forum

Post subject: Re: Entrance exam (joke)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:42 pm 

TheDhamma wrote:
Entrance Exam

A Christian, a Muslim and a Buddhist die and arrive at the Gate of Heaven. An angel (or deva) stops them and asks, “Why do you come here? Can you tell me the reasons why you are allowed to enter Heaven?”

The Christian replies, “My ancestors disobeyed God, and I sinned all my life: I killed, I lied, I cheated my wife and I was greedy. However, Jesus died for me and all my sins are forgiven. So I deserve to enter Heaven.”

“OK,” replies the Angel. “Sounds good, but I must give you an entrance examination before you can enter.” The Christian promptly agrees and the Angel asks him: “How do you spell God?” It is an easy question, and the Christian passes through the Gate.

Next came the Muslim, who says, “I did not do any especially good or evil things during my life but I was very devout. I prayed to God five times a day. So, I too should enter Heaven.” The Angel replies, “It sounds OK to me, but I have to give you a test also. How do you spell Allah?” The Muslim passes the test and enters Heaven.

Finally, it is the Buddhist’s turn. He tells the Angel, “I’ve done all the good things in my life and I followed Buddha’s five precepts: I never killed, I donated to charities, I meditated every day, and I never cheated my boss nor my customers.” The Angel replies, “That is very good, but there are no exceptions. You must pass the entrance test also in order to get in.” Thinking that the test should be simple, the Buddhist happily agrees.

from: http://www.dharmathecatcartoons.com/15blog/?page_id=31

:rolling:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:27 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:58 pm 
Founding Member

:rolling:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:56 pm 

Hehe. You could write a variation of this joke involving holy texts. The Christian has to spell "Bible," the Muslim has to spell "Koran," but the Buddhist has to spell "Mūlamadhyamakakārikā." :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

Luke wrote:
Hehe. You could write a variation of this joke involving holy texts. The Christian has to spell "Bible," the Muslim has to spell "Koran," but the Buddhist has to spell "Mūlamadhyamakakārikā." :shock:

It's a good thing you're not Muslim. You misspelled "Qur'an." :tongue:

Dhamma Wheel forum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:37 am 

TheDhamma wrote:
Luke wrote:

It's a good thing you're not Muslim. You misspelled "Qur'an." :tongue:

There goes the camels and harem.... :rolleye:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:29 am 

But, this is a Zen angel. The correct answer is "Mu!"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:40 am 

David N. Snyder wrote:

:heart:

L - O - V - E

:heart: