Solid me and my solid teachings.

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Solid me and my solid teachings.

Postby muni » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:15 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulqMglcYsQo

with short talk by Tsoknyi Rinpoche La as benefit mentioned for the movie of His Holiness the 17 th Karmapa, but nice teaching!

:namaste:
Falling down into thoughts' stream, identification arises.
muni

Re: Solid me and my solid teachings.

Postby muni » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:55 am

"...I think the real authentic feeling of bodhicitta is not so easy. I am still working on that. Always selfish, absorbed in self-interest, I want to chant mantra for myself, I want to sit down and have peace for me, I want to do some Tonglen so I feel good. Last night I didn’t sleep so well, so I didn’t help so many people. Now sit down to practice, so I give my dharma, my virtue, take their suffering. At the end of 25 minutes–WOW I feel great. So all Dharma is all about me I–want to feel great, including bodhicitta, including taking refuge to the Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha–there is always a ‘me’ behind everything. If we cannot transform that ‘me,’ I think Dharma is not going to work at all."

http://www.pundarika.org/news/?p=1232
muni

Postby Ngawang Drolma » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Wonderful muni, thank you :namaste:
Ngawang Drolma
Founding Member

Postby ronnewmexico » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:49 am

Second that.......... wonderful muni...

that said........... we.... if we hold that view of bodhicitta must have...compassion for all sentient beings.....so are we not, perhaps, sentient beings as well :smile:
...if one holds that vow and aspiration.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
ronnewmexico

Postby muni » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:06 am

Yes wonderful. :namaste:

Wrapped in a soft blanket sitting by the stove and my nice comforting Dharma book as Christmass present.
All embracing warmth has no blanket....... right motivation...wonderful.
muni

Return to Kagyu