Coffee Substitutes

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
maybay

Re: Coffee Substitutes

Post by maybay »

Except you Greg. You're sincere.
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron
retrofuturist
Former staff member

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Will,
Will wrote:What do Milo, Horlicks & straight chicory taste like - coffeeish or ???
Milo is a malt-based beverage, that can be taken hot or cold. Cold it's popular amongst Australian children, and hot, it serves as a good alternative to hot caffeinated beverages. The thing it's closest to is Ovaltine, but it's a bit different.

Maitri,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.
Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Will,
Will wrote:What do Milo, Horlicks & straight chicory taste like - coffeeish or ???
Milo is a malt-based beverage, that can be taken hot or cold. Cold it's popular amongst Australian children, and hot, it serves as a good alternative to hot caffeinated beverages. The thing it's closest to is Ovaltine, but it's a bit different.

Maitri,
Retro. :)
Thanks Retro, but I have tried my wife's Ovaltine and do not care for the malt flavor. So far the Cafix & Roma are delicious and when the Pero arrives I shall surely have enough pseudo-Postum to make it through our Icy Hell of a Winter. (it was 80 F today)
May all seek, find & follow the Path of Buddhas.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Geeze louise....10F last night and probably the same tonight. And a cold wave is due to come in Wednesday followed by a colder one Friday Saturday...this is the warm :smile: 7200 feet.

Walking around all day last winter 16 or so below :crying: 31 below one night....delight...just joking.... I love it all.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.

Return to “Alternative Health”