Coffee Substitutes

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
maybay

Re: Coffee Substitutes

Postby maybay » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:54 am

Except you Greg. You're sincere.
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron

retrofuturist
Former staff member

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:31 am

Greetings Will,

Will wrote:What do Milo, Horlicks & straight chicory taste like - coffeeish or ???

Milo is a malt-based beverage, that can be taken hot or cold. Cold it's popular amongst Australian children, and hot, it serves as a good alternative to hot caffeinated beverages. The thing it's closest to is Ovaltine, but it's a bit different.

Maitri,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes

Dhamma Wheel (Theravada forum) * Here Comes Trouble

Nicholas Weeks

Postby Nicholas Weeks » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:08 am

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings Will,

Will wrote:What do Milo, Horlicks & straight chicory taste like - coffeeish or ???

Milo is a malt-based beverage, that can be taken hot or cold. Cold it's popular amongst Australian children, and hot, it serves as a good alternative to hot caffeinated beverages. The thing it's closest to is Ovaltine, but it's a bit different.

Maitri,
Retro. :)

Thanks Retro, but I have tried my wife's Ovaltine and do not care for the malt flavor. So far the Cafix & Roma are delicious and when the Pero arrives I shall surely have enough pseudo-Postum to make it through our Icy Hell of a Winter. (it was 80 F today)
Every time you recite Amita Buddha’s name, a ray of light shines through empty space. If you recite very sincerely, then this light fills up the universe, so that the energy of all worlds will be auspicious and harmonious.

Master Hsuan Hua

ronnewmexico

Postby ronnewmexico » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:59 am

Geeze louise....10F last night and probably the same tonight. And a cold wave is due to come in Wednesday followed by a colder one Friday Saturday...this is the warm :smile: 7200 feet.

Walking around all day last winter 16 or so below :crying: 31 below one night....delight...just joking.... I love it all.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.

Return to “Alternative Health”