Who is an author of this text?

dzoki

Who is an author of this text?

Postby dzoki » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:09 am

Any idea who composed the following text:
yi dam rdo rje rnal 'byor ma dang dpal 'khor lo sdom pa rgyal ba rgya mtsho lha rgyun khyer bsgom bzlas bsdus pa bzughs so

I think it is by Kongtrul, but I could not find it in his collected works, I did not read through everything, but there is also a lot of it. So any hint where I could find it? Thanks
Dzoki

conebeckham

Re: Who is an author of this text?

Postby conebeckham » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Did you look at the colophon at either the beginning or (more likely) the end? Most texts will have a colophon with the author's name listed.

I'm not familiar with it, but I'd like to see it. Do you need a translation of the title, or do you know what it is?
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."

May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.

dzoki

Postby dzoki » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:56 pm

conebeckham wrote:Did you look at the colophon at either the beginning or (more likely) the end? Most texts will have a colophon with the author's name listed.

I'm not familiar with it, but I'd like to see it. Do you need a translation of the title, or do you know what it is?

I don´t have that text, I just know it´s name (The daily meditation and recitation of Dorje Naljorma (Phagmo), Khorlo Demchog and Jinasagara), that is why I am trying to find it. My friend has a partial copy of the text, but only until the end of Phagmo, I would like to get the whole thing. I thought that Kongtrul wrote something like that, so I tried to look in his works first. Any other hints where to look. I will try the 8th Karmapa´s works and also 15th Karmapa´s.

conebeckham

Postby conebeckham » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:18 pm

I don't know it, but those are good suggestions...I'd also suggest looking for Situ Pema Nyinje's works, and possibly Karma Chagme's, as well....?? I will look through the stuff I have, but I don't recall coming across this in the past.

Ask your friend where he got the partial text from.....
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."

May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.

Return to “Kagyu”