Who is an author of this text?

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

Who is an author of this text?

Postby dzoki » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:09 am

Any idea who composed the following text:
yi dam rdo rje rnal 'byor ma dang dpal 'khor lo sdom pa rgyal ba rgya mtsho lha rgyun khyer bsgom bzlas bsdus pa bzughs so

I think it is by Kongtrul, but I could not find it in his collected works, I did not read through everything, but there is also a lot of it. So any hint where I could find it? Thanks
Dzoki
dzoki

Re: Who is an author of this text?

Postby conebeckham » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Did you look at the colophon at either the beginning or (more likely) the end? Most texts will have a colophon with the author's name listed.

I'm not familiar with it, but I'd like to see it. Do you need a translation of the title, or do you know what it is?
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Postby dzoki » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:56 pm

conebeckham wrote:Did you look at the colophon at either the beginning or (more likely) the end? Most texts will have a colophon with the author's name listed.

I'm not familiar with it, but I'd like to see it. Do you need a translation of the title, or do you know what it is?

I don´t have that text, I just know it´s name (The daily meditation and recitation of Dorje Naljorma (Phagmo), Khorlo Demchog and Jinasagara), that is why I am trying to find it. My friend has a partial copy of the text, but only until the end of Phagmo, I would like to get the whole thing. I thought that Kongtrul wrote something like that, so I tried to look in his works first. Any other hints where to look. I will try the 8th Karmapa´s works and also 15th Karmapa´s.
dzoki

Postby conebeckham » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:18 pm

I don't know it, but those are good suggestions...I'd also suggest looking for Situ Pema Nyinje's works, and possibly Karma Chagme's, as well....?? I will look through the stuff I have, but I don't recall coming across this in the past.

Ask your friend where he got the partial text from.....
May any merit generated by on-line discussion
Be dedicated to the Ultimate Benefit of All Sentient Beings.
conebeckham

Return to Kagyu