funny sensation on my head

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: funny sensation on my head

Post by Grigoris »

Food_Eatah wrote:...just need to have a decent hair cut.
Something like this?
bad hair day.jpg
bad hair day.jpg (12.72 KiB) Viewed 2350 times
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Thug4lyfe

Post by Thug4lyfe »

Naw dawg, this more of my thing, me just after my last movie!

Paul

Post by Paul »

Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

I reccomend that he takes five of these and if he's not feeling better in the morning, to call me!
headache.jpg
headache.jpg (7.94 KiB) Viewed 2269 times
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Zee

Post by Zee »

nirmal wrote:
ryu wrote:Hi all,

Has anybody ever hard felt a funny sensation just above the centre of the eyes when meditating. New agers might say "its the minds eye/ Pineal gland etc being stimulated opening up"

Im not so sure about that but im certainly curious.

Is anyone familiar with it?

if so what it is?

Many thanks,

Ryu
You can visualize a small hole,the size of a needle 'just above the centre of the eyes' and start breathing in and out of it very slowly keeping your concentration there.
Or if you wish, the 'funny sensation' can also be brought down to your face(wet area,eyes, nose and mouth are wet) to cool it down visualizing it flowing down like a waterfall to your chin and down the front of your neck and chest all the way down to your private part and then bring it up your back, right up to the back of your neck where it should split into two and let both flow behind your ears and just above your eyebrows only to meet 'just above the centre of the eyes' The process is repeated a few times and after that you can forget about it and concentrate on your meditation as the 'funny sensation would flow automatically by itself.When you are done with meditation, bring that funny sensation down to your navel cakra,visualize it as a ball of light which starts to get smaller and smaller until it switches off.When you start you meditation the next time, go to the naval cakra first and visualize it switching on as a small light and bring it up 'just above the centre of the eyes'
Be patient,as you still have a long way to go.
Nirma, I just wanna say that this visualization practice actually helps me release the tingling sensation. I don't know what it is, either sensation, third eyes or what not, but it had been bothered me for quite a bit, especially whenever I tried to focus on my breathing. But your visualization practice actually helps me to release that sensation. Thanks!
Aware

Post by Aware »

I don't know what it is, but I experience it too. It moves around according to my will, and sort of puts me at ease, like being hugged. it's entertaining, really.

Return to “Meditation”