Ojas (general discussion)

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
wisdom

Re: Ojas (general discussion)

Postby wisdom » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Pema Rigdzin

Postby Pema Rigdzin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:07 pm

Pema Rigdzin

Postby Pema Rigdzin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:00 pm

Lhug-Pa

Postby Lhug-Pa » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:34 am

Malcolm

Postby Malcolm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:49 pm

འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Free of hope and fear, relax.
Human life spent in
a state of great spaciousness is enjoyable.

— Kunzang Dechen Lingpa

Paul

Postby Paul » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell

Malcolm

Postby Malcolm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:09 pm

འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Human life spent in

— Kunzang Dechen Lingpa

alwayson

Postby alwayson » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Malcolm

Postby Malcolm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:19 pm

འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Human life spent in

— Kunzang Dechen Lingpa

Paul

Postby Paul » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell

Lhug-Pa

Postby Lhug-Pa » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:46 pm

If orgasm is such an essential part of Vajrayana, why aren't there more instructions for this kind of 'separating the Sukra from the Ojas' more readily available by now?

I mean there are Dzogchen Upadeshas printed in publicly available books now, so why not this?

How is it done? And where can I find a reliable English translation of Guru Rinpoche, or anyone else, explaining it?

Has anyone read Kennard Lipman's translation of Secret Teachings of Padmasambhava? It's largely about Karmamudra and in thumbing through it I see nothing about orgasm (except for a small section implying that we should NOT reach it) let alone separating Sukra from Ojas.

Also, Tantras, like other Alchemical texts, are symbolic in many ways, so we can't jump to conclusions and think they're saying that separating the Sukra from Ojas means orgasm. Assuming that we're dealing with reliable translations in the first place.
Last edited by Lhug-Pa on Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Paul

Postby Paul » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:51 pm

Lhug-Pa

Postby Lhug-Pa » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Well it's a short book and I got it from the library, so I might as well read it.

Alwayson, what's with the disrespect? Why not just explain your reasoning for why you disagree?
Last edited by Lhug-Pa on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ronnewmexico

Postby ronnewmexico » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:20 pm

This is in the alternative health section so I will venture a reply....(first I thought this was about eyes :smile: ojos or perhaps bears)....

to my singular selective opinion drawing solely from my own personal experience and considering myself as a healthy person....

Engageing this thing of orgasm as means is necessary(by my experience). In the end howeverI I think after many years with quiet mind at the point, the point becomes no orgasm. Instead reality itself by transference of concept to real all becomes the orgasm.

That is my personal feeling and to my opinion why I presently feel so healthy.
In orgasm one may find for that split second sicknesses disabilities of many natures other than of significant karmic import they dissolve for that split second....so generally I think on that basis is the principal of that thing.

Normally restriction of orgasm as a physical thing...it is considered most unhealthy. Medical people have stated this it is detrimental to the nerves.
Considered this only as a means of health...I practice no tantra of this sort, nor would I discuss such a thing.

So I guess it depends. Restriction, but really it is not a restricted thing as no conscious mind to this thing it may not happen,(it is not that it is stopped) Brought to peak then nothing it happens not but appears transferred it cannot be stopped perhaps it is so powerful that thing. It becomes then a source of health in a way. Not overtly karmically reducing as in one with no legs suddenly has them but of a covert sort...pain cold sickness of sorts will not happen as much.

Personally on health as I don't know many of what you are talking about alternative health...I have offered that.
But then done....in a healthy manner,it would not be engaged again...what the point of that?
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.

Pero

Postby Pero » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

Virgo

Postby Virgo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Paul

Postby Paul » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Malcolm

Postby Malcolm » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:02 pm

deleted
Last edited by Malcolm on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Human life spent in

— Kunzang Dechen Lingpa

Virgo

Postby Virgo » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:08 pm

alwayson

Postby alwayson » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Return to “Alternative Health”