mcdonalds mayhem

A place for discussion of current events. Buddhist news would be particularly appreciated.

mcdonalds mayhem

Postby Tenso » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:59 am

*******video contains extreme violence*****

Several female customers verbally assaulted the cashier (Rayon) with one resorting to physical assault by slapping the cashier all after the cashier questioned and preformed a security check on a $50 dollar bill for an $8 dollar meal purchase.

The cashier went to the back of the kitchen causing two of the female customers, including the one that assaulted him, to hop the counter and give chase.

The cashier responded in defense hitting his pursuers with a metallic rod. The cashier now faces felony charges of assault and criminal possession of a weapon due to one customer suffering a fractured skull.

Last edited by Tenso on Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tenso

Re: mcdonalds mayhem

Postby Karma Dondrup Tashi » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:02 am

Karma Dondrup Tashi

Postby Karma Dondrup Tashi » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:16 am

Just another normal horrific day in samsara.
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Postby Kyosan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:34 pm

I watched the video and though the man was acting in self defense, he used excessive force. It looks like he struck them with the rod, and even after they were already on the floor he struck each one of them a few more times.

Anger, one of the three poisons, is the reason I think. Both the women and man behaved the way they did out of anger.
:namaste:
Kyosan

Postby edearl » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:06 pm

Kyosan wrote:I watched the video and though the man was acting in self defense, he used excessive force. It looks like he struck them with the rod, and even after they were already on the floor he struck each one of them a few more times.

Anger, one of the three poisons, is the reason I think. Both the women and man behaved the way they did out of anger.
:namaste:

The judge should prescribe a class in meditation for all of them.
HHDL: "My confidence in venturing into science lies in my basic belief that as in science so in Buddhism, understanding the nature of reality is pursued by means of critical investigation: if scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims."
edearl

Postby Tenso » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:49 am

I would of done the exact same thing except for the excessive strikes when they were down. That was just extreme aggression, but it would of never of happened if they hadn't jumped the counter to attack him.. they really had it coming.
Tenso

Postby Thug4lyfe » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:53 am

Why we watch deez?
Thug4lyfe

Postby edearl » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:40 am

Food_Eatah wrote:Why we watch deez?

Why, indeed? People seem to like to watch violence. There are many movies and TV shows with violence, and they are popular. I like them, but I don't like real violence. I have seen enough of real violence, which is very little. I didn't watch the video. The descriptions in this thread were enough for me.

Much comedy is based on something happening that is unpleasant or violent. For example, some unexpected fluid falls on someone, a banana peel causes one to slip and fall, or one silly slaps another as the Three Stooges. Why are these things funny?

Does liking violence have anything to do with our survival? Does it make us able to defend ourselves in the face of danger? It is a very interesting question.

IDK--Ed
Metta
HHDL: "My confidence in venturing into science lies in my basic belief that as in science so in Buddhism, understanding the nature of reality is pursued by means of critical investigation: if scientific analysis were conclusively to demonstrate certain claims in Buddhism to be false, then we must accept the findings of science and abandon those claims."
edearl

Postby Tenso » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:24 am

edearl wrote:
Food_Eatah wrote:Why we watch deez?

Why, indeed? People seem to like to watch violence. There are many movies and TV shows with violence, and they are popular. I like them, but I don't like real violence. I have seen enough of real violence, which is very little. I didn't watch the video. The descriptions in this thread were enough for me.

Much comedy is based on something happening that is unpleasant or violent. For example, some unexpected fluid falls on someone, a banana peel causes one to slip and fall, or one silly slaps another as the Three Stooges. Why are these things funny?

Does liking violence have anything to do with our survival? Does it make us able to defend ourselves in the face of danger? It is a very interesting question.

IDK--Ed
Metta

depends heavily on the situation. like in this case for instance. they hopped over the counter and RAN at the cashier. what would you do in this situation if you were the cashier?
Tenso

Postby meiji1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:24 pm

I think people like to revel in a sense of moral outrage at whatever egregious thing that's happened to the victim. It's cathartic.
meiji1

Postby Tenso » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:46 pm

another thing id like to add liking or disliking violence is irrelevant if your life is at stake. violence should only be used as a last resort when all means to resolve conflict have failed.
Tenso

Postby Ogyen » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:49 pm

Ignorance is the prison. THE prison.

_/|\_
D. Ogyen
Image Made from 100% recycled karma

The Heart Drive Word Press
Mud to Lotus

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy
Ogyen

Postby Thug4lyfe » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:40 pm

I think our mind crave all deez unwholesome stimulation! Just like computer game addiction! It's a tough journey, cutting down youtube usage and quitting facebook! No more lolz :(
Thug4lyfe

Postby Tarpa » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:20 am

Typical case of messing with the wrong person.
The nonexistence of the transcendence of suffering
is what the protector of the world has taught as the transcendence
of suffering.
Knots tied on space
are untied by space itself.

May I never be seperated from perfect masters in all lives,
and delightfully experiencing the magnificent dharma,
completing all qualities of the stages of the paths
may I quickly attain the state of Vajradhara
Tarpa

Postby Tenso » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:50 am

Food_Eatah wrote:I think our mind crave all deez unwholesome stimulation! Just like computer game addiction! It's a tough journey, cutting down youtube usage and quitting facebook! No more lolz :(

Very difficult for ignorant prthagjana such as ourselves. Oh well. :popcorn:
Tenso

Postby Thug4lyfe » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:49 am

Ryoto wrote:Oh well.

wooo...

Now close your eyes....
Thug4lyfe

Postby Tenso » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:31 am

may i ask what that is?
Tenso

Postby Thug4lyfe » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:20 am

Incense sticks they use in Chan practices to urge people on!
Thug4lyfe

Postby erikasha10 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Ryoto wrote:I would of done the exact same thing except for the excessive strikes when they were down. That was just extreme aggression, but it would of never of happened if they hadn't jumped the counter to attack him.. they really had it coming.

mcdonalds mayhem is such a nice info. :twothumbsup:
erikasha10

Postby Tenso » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:39 am

yeah thought i'd provide some high quality entertainment to this place :tongue:
Tenso

Return to News & Current Events