Yangsi of Chagdud Tulku has been found

kirtu
Former staff member

Yangsi of Chagdud Tulku has been found

Post by kirtu »

Email from Chagdud Gonpa Foundation:
Chagdud Gonpa Brasil wishes you all the best worldly and spiritual prosperity in Iron Tiger Year February 14, 2010 - February 5, 2011

Here at Khadro Ling, the sangha is rejoicing in the announcement made by Jigme Tromge Rinpoche that the tulku of our beloved teacher, Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche, has been recognized by Khenpo Ngagchung of Nyoshul Gonpa.

Our teacher - the focus of so many of our prayers and aspirations - is well and safe, and is surrounded by dharma masters in Tibet. Please practice for his well-being and for that of all others.

Rest at ease and find joy.

May your connection always increase!

In the dharma,

With deep affection and all best wishes,

Chagdud Khadro
His Long Life Prayer:
Longevity Prayer for Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche Yangsi

CHHI MED KU NYE PAD MA SAM BHA WA

TZA SUM RAB JAM KHYEN TZE NU PA YI

Padmasambhava, who attained the kaya of deathlessness - through the knowledge, love, and energy of the entire vast array of the Three Roots,

GAR JI WANG CHHUG CHHOG GI TRUL PAI KU

KU TSE TAN CHING DZAD T'HRIN T'HAR CHHIN SHOG

may the supreme emanation of the powerful lord of the dance have a stable life, and carry his enlightened activities to perfect consummation.

In the auspicious occasion of the Tibetan New Year (Losar), Jigme Tromge Rinpoche changed some words in the previous supplication prayer written by H.H. Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, adapting it to Chagdud Rinpoche's yangsi.
May the precious rain of nirmanakaya manifestations continue unceasingly!

Chagdud Gonpa Brazil
Chagdud Gonpa North America
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
muni

Re: Yangsi of Chagdud Tulku has been found

Post by muni »

:buddha1:
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Emaho!
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Buddhanataka

Post by Buddhanataka »

\Is that the little emanation there in the photo?
I hope he grows up and carries on the auspices of his previous incarnation; that would be very good.

om ah hum vajraguru padmasiddhi hum

Btw it's incidental that he is lord of the dance and my name means Buddha's Dancer hehehehe
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Buddhanataka wrote:\Is that the little emanation there in the photo?
Yes
I hope he grows up and carries on the auspices of his previous incarnation; that would be very good.

om ah hum vajraguru padmasiddhi hum
:woohoo: :thumbsup: :twothumbsup:

Btw it's incidental that he is lord of the dance and my name means Buddha's Dancer hehehehe
Excellent.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

"Most all-knowing Mañjuśrī, ...
Please illuminate the radiant wisdom spirit
Of my precious Buddha nature."
HH Thinley Norbu Rinpoche
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

Did he say safe? In Tibet??
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Congrats to the Chagdud Gonpa sangha!
Excellent.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

Awesome! Whoo :applause:
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

I hope that the little fella has a good life.
the blessings of all buddhas upon him,
white lotus. xxxx
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
Chokyi Wangpo

Post by Chokyi Wangpo »

Thank You for posting the prayer.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

I'm not altogether comfortable with Tulku identifications since Steven Seagal etc.

My teacher, a Tibetan Lharampa Geshe, also wondered if the child identifying his old mala etc. isn't showing rather too much attachment to the possessions of his previous incarnation. ;)

I wish him joy, and look forward to the day when there are equal numbers of male and female Tulkus in every nation of the world.
Left
Chokyi Wangpo

Post by Chokyi Wangpo »

Yeshe wrote:I'm not altogether comfortable with Tulku identifications since Steven Seagal etc.

My teacher, a Tibetan Lharampa Geshe, also wondered if the child identifying his old mala etc. isn't showing rather too much attachment to the possessions of his previous incarnation. ;)

I wish him joy, and look forward to the day when there are equal numbers of male and female Tulkus in every nation of the world.
Whats wrong with steven seagal? Have you read Penor's statement regarding his recognition?

Also there was a committee that recognized Chagdud Tulku's Yangsi. I am looking forward to seeing if he can make any Iron Knots.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Chokyi Wangpo wrote:
Yeshe wrote:I'm not altogether comfortable with Tulku identifications since Steven Seagal etc.

Whats wrong with steven seagal? Have you read Penor's statement regarding his recognition?
Sadly, yes. And Seagal's ludicrous claims thereafter:
'I was born clairvoyant. I was born a healer, and I was born very different.'
Or a wooden actor in trashy violent movies.

This is a tulku? :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-a_-g-6kvk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will not comment on Penor and his Tulku identifications as I do not wish to use unwholesome language. ;)
Left
malthus

Post by malthus »

Yeshe,
I will not comment on Penor and his Tulku identifications as I do not wish to use unwholesome language. ;)
You are entitled to your opinion. But since you are a moderator here, it seems to me that you could be a little more intelligent about your speech, no? If you have a negative opinion of Penor Rinpoche - whether because of his tulku recognitions, or for some other reason - you could be open about it, state your reasons, and be prepared to accept questions and criticism, rather than just hinting and winking that you would use "unwholesome language" if you were to speak your mind. The way it is, it seems like you are playing the game of creating doubt without taking responsibility.

I am sure this wasn't your intention, but many Nyingma people who visit here have samaya with Penor Rinpoche, and will have a hard time understanding your attitude. Please, consider coming up with a more fruitful way to express your reservations.

Best regards,

malthus
Chokyi Wangpo

Post by Chokyi Wangpo »

Yeshe wrote:
Chokyi Wangpo wrote:

Sadly, yes. And Seagal's ludicrous claims thereafter:
'I was born clairvoyant. I was born a healer, and I was born very different.'
Or a wooden actor in trashy violent movies.

This is a tulku? :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-a_-g-6kvk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now I don't have any samaya with Penor, but his statement was clear that he recognized Seagal as having the potential, but has not aroused it through practice, thus no enthronement. As far as his being a Tulku, I don't have the ability to make that judgement and I am not about to use negative language. He could be, prostitutes have been dakini's. You don't know, you have no way of knowing.
malthus

Post by malthus »

The tulku system may not survive outside Tibet. It may have exhausted its skilful methods. We should look forward to the day when there is no bias (ris med) in any nation of the world. This means that each of us will have to be more skilful in our methods, and not rely on institutions. Nevertheless, the blessings of the lineage should always be respected, even if that lineage is not our own.

Best,

malthus

(edit: sorry, clicked "submit" instead of "preview")
Sonam Wangchug

Post by Sonam Wangchug »

As far as attachment to items of a previous life. Dalai lama himself reached out for his old mala. I don't see how in a thread for the found reincarnation of Tulku urgyen rinpoche there was any need to stain it in anyway whatsoever.
"To have confidence in the teacher is the ultimate refuge." -Rigzin Jigme Lingpa
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Sonam Wangchug wrote:As far as attachment to items of a previous life. Dalai lama himself reached out for his old mala. I don't see how in a thread for the found reincarnation of Tulku urgyen rinpoche there was any need to stain it in anyway whatsoever.
Yes, it's a shame that news of the reincarnation of a humble and genuine lama, unmarred in his previous life by even a whisper of controversy, has to be sullied like this. I'm starting to wonder why I bother going to these online Buddhist forums anymore... Everyday they seem more flooded than the next with cynicism, pessimism, smug skepticism, and every other kind of downer imaginable.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Sonam Wangchug wrote:As far as attachment to items of a previous life. Dalai lama himself reached out for his old mala. I don't see how in a thread for the found reincarnation of Tulku urgyen rinpoche there was any need to stain it in anyway whatsoever.
Yes, it's a shame that news of the reincarnation of a humble and genuine lama, unmarred in his previous life by even a whisper of controversy, has to be sullied like this. I'm starting to wonder why I bother going to these online Buddhist forums anymore... Everyday they seem more flooded than the next with cynicism, pessimism, smug skepticism, and every other kind of downer imaginable.
On a thread about post-mortem rebirth relating to an individual case, it would be legitimate to raise the question of general evidence supporting post-mortem rebirth.
So far no debate on this has been heavily moderated, and they pop up regularly all over web forums. (For the record, in this case, I believe Buddha taught post-mortem rebirth in clear terms with which I agree.)

On a thread relating to a specific individual case of the identification of a tulku, it is legitimate to raise the question of the way in which this system is now being applied.
My comment did not deny the tulku system nor the individual in question, but I do have doubts about its general application today, and gave an example.

My apologies if anyone thought this misplaced. I intended no 'cynicism, pessimism, smug skepticism', and wonder at the use of such barely disguised ad homs, but there we go. I'll assume your intention was good.

As for being a Mod, I would be very grateful for others to volunteer to take over immediately. The site needs new Mods at the moment. Pema, you have such experience, so why not volunteer and work to raise the level of debate to meet your own standards and interpret the ToS your own way?
Left
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Yeshe wrote:
Pema Rigdzin wrote:
On a thread about post-mortem rebirth relating to an individual case, it would be legitimate to raise the question of general evidence supporting post-mortem rebirth.
So far no debate on this has been heavily moderated, and they pop up regularly all over web forums. (For the record, in this case, I believe Buddha taught post-mortem rebirth in clear terms with which I agree.)

On a thread relating to a specific individual case of the identification of a tulku, it is legitimate to raise the question of the way in which this system is now being applied.
My comment did not deny the tulku system nor the individual in question, but I do have doubts about its general application today, and gave an example.

My apologies if anyone thought this misplaced. I intended no 'cynicism, pessimism, smug skepticism', and wonder at the use of such barely disguised ad homs, but there we go. I'll assume your intention was good.

As for being a Mod, I would be very grateful for others to volunteer to take over immediately. The site needs new Mods at the moment. Pema, you have such experience, so why not volunteer and work to raise the level of debate to meet your own standards and interpret the ToS your own way?
Yeshe,

This was a thread about the reincarnation of a beloved, genuine teacher completely who, incidentally, was uninvolved with any pomp and circumstance in his former life, and was only dedicated to teaching the Dharma to anyone who came to him, and people were rejoicing about his return to this world. Where's the joy, the warmth? Must everything be the object of some smug line of questioning and analysis? Most of us are aware that there has been some misuse of the tulku system (as well as the fact that it was sometimes much more complex than a matter of mere greed, desire, and abject corruption) and most of us are well aware that Buddhism has not gone 2,600 yrs without some individuals associated with it doing some questionable things, right or wrong. Is it important or relevant to our daily practice to dwell on these things?

As for me and moderation, thanks but no thanks. I'd rather use my limited time for more practice and study. As it is, I already spend more time at these forums than I should.

P.S. Yeshe, for what it's worth, what you perceived as ad homs were not aimed solely at you, and they weren't intended to be disguised. As I stated, they reflect my general disappointment with the online Buddhist forum experience.

Return to “Nyingma”