Emptiness?

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Emptiness?

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

It isn't a transcendental thing in the sky.

It isn't a black hole of nothingness.

It isn't an existent thing asserting itself over a nonexistent thing or a nonexistent thing asserting itself over an existent thing.

It's a perspective which sees that everything is holding hands with everything else in order to produce and maintain everything.
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
muni

Re: Emptiness?

Post by muni »

Karma Dondrup Tashi wrote:
It's a perspective which sees that everything is holding hands with everything else in order to produce and maintain everything.
Emptiness-Dependent Origination.

That which originates through dependence
This you maintain to be empty;
that no independent entity exists
You, the peerless (proclaimed) in a lion's roar. By Master Nagarjuna.
“We are each living in our own soap opera. We do not see things as they really are. We see only our interpretations. This is because our minds are always so busy...But when the mind calms down, it becomes clear. This mental clarity enables us to see things as they really are, instead of projecting our commentary on everything.” Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bg9jOYnEUA
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

emptiness is the abscence rather than presence. all prescence is compounded, only abscence is non compounded. all attainments are compounded. seek abscence rather than presence and relinquishing rather than aquiring. that which is aquired is compounded, perhaps a fabrication of the mind. the mind spinning webs such as fearlessness or painlessness. these things must occur naturally and not be a fabrication.

you can taste emptiness through neti neti.... not this, not this. or no, no. or through 'beyond, beyond'.

is it love? no, no. is it peace? no no. is it etc etc etc. no no. go beyond beyond all names and all forms. then you can taste emptiness.

love white lotus. x

tasteless, formless, smellless,
it has all forms all tastes and all smells.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

White Lotus wrote:emptiness is the abscence rather than presence.
love white lotus. x

:good:

Absence is a much more helpful word to use. :)
Left
Karma Dondrup Tashi

Post by Karma Dondrup Tashi »

White Lotus wrote: is it love? no, no.
Why should we bother with it then?
It has been the misfortune (not, as these gentlemen think it, the glory) of this age that everything is to be discussed. Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France.
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

we should bother with emptiness, because it is the source of love, and to eat my words, emptiness being absent of all qualites is the embodiment of all qualites including love. But, emptiness is not love in its primal state, it is only love as an appearance.

love, White Lotus. xxx

love, what is it?
emptiness.
emptiness what is it?
love.

samatta.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
Prasadachitta

Post by Prasadachitta »

White Lotus wrote:emptiness is the abscence rather than presence. all prescence is compounded, only abscence is non compounded. all attainments are compounded. seek abscence rather than presence and relinquishing rather than aquiring. that which is aquired is compounded, perhaps a fabrication of the mind. the mind spinning webs such as fearlessness or painlessness. these things must occur naturally and not be a fabrication.

you can taste emptiness through neti neti.... not this, not this. or no, no. or through 'beyond, beyond'.

is it love? no, no. is it peace? no no. is it etc etc etc. no no. go beyond beyond all names and all forms. then you can taste emptiness.

love white lotus. x

Without Presence there can not be absence and without absence there can be no presence.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”