A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:21 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:23 am 
Founding Member

Greetings,

Merrill (Ngawang Drolma's boyfriend and father of her child) passed away on Sunday.

We won't know the cause of death for up to six months.

Please keep them in your thoughts.

:namaste:

Maitri,
Retro. :)

Dhamma Wheel (Theravada forum) * Here Comes Trouble

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:25 am 
Former staff member

For many years, Ngawang Drolma has been gentle and kind.
Now, may many people be gentle and kind to her in a difficult time.
Impermanence wields a bitter sword
May compassion heal the wounds.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:54 am 

May Merrill have a fortunate rebirth with contact with the Dharma.
May Ngawang Drolma and her daughter have loving support from friends, relatives and Dharma brothers and sisters.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:09 am 

Sad news.

oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

Best wishes to all concerned,

Geoff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:15 am 

I'll keep her in mind at this sad time. :heart:

Abandoning Dharma is, in the final analysis, disparaging the Hinayana because of the Mahayana; favoring the Hinayana on account of the Mahayana; playing off sutra against tantra; playing off the four classes of the tantras against each other; favoring one of the Tibetan schools—the Sakya, Gelug, Kagyu, or Nyingma—and disparaging the rest; and so on. In other words, we abandon Dharma any time we favor our own tenets and disparage the rest.

Liberation in the Palm of your hand~Kyabje Pabongkha Rinpoche.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:58 pm 

Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum
Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:17 am 

Om Mani Padme Hum. :meditate:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:59 pm 
Former staff member

May Ngawang Drolma and her family be well, happy and peaceful. May they be comforted in this difficult time. May Merrill be remembered lovingly and may he quickly be reborn in the Pure Lands.

OM AMI DEWA HRIH

Attachment:
Buddha_Amithaba.jpg
Buddha_Amithaba.jpg [ 31.45 KiB | Viewed 957 times ]

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:22 am 
Founding Member

Thanks very much all. Merrill and I were common law husband and wife (living together) for years. So it's a gigantic loss. The good news is that my daughter and I are doing fine under the circumstances and I appreciate your kind wishes.

:namaste:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:44 am 

I'm so sorry Ngawang Drolma.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:49 am 
Site Admin

Sorry about the loss. Glad you and your daughter are fine, considering the great loss.

Om Mani Padme Hum.

:buddha1:

Dhamma Wheel forum

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:24 pm 

My thoughts are with you at this sad time.
Lise

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:50 pm 

The moon is shining bright my Lord

The night sky is without a cloud

Water will flow,blood will clot

Dragon King please protect Merrill a lot

Om Mani Padme Hum,Om Mani Padme Hum,Om Mani Padme Hum,Om Mani Padme Hum,Om Mani Padme Hum,Om Mani Padme Hum,Om Mani Padme Hum,
Om Mani Padme Hum,Om Mani Padme Hum,Om Mani Padme Hum,Om Mani Padme Hum,Om Mani Padme Hum,Om Mani Padme Hum,Om Mani Padme Hum,

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:51 pm 

so sad, i am very sorry to hear about your loss .
with respect, Tom.

in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.