Most important works by Trungpa Rinpoche

General forum on Mahayana.

Most important works by Trungpa Rinpoche

Postby mint » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:39 pm

What would you say are the 3 most important works written by Trungpa Rinpoche?

1.) Training the Mind and Culting Lovingkindness
2.) Cutting through Spiritual Materialism
3.) Crazy Wisdom

Does anyone here own the Collected Works? I find myself drooling over the thought.
User avatar
mint
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Most important works by Trungpa Rinpoche

Postby Chaz » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:45 pm

In this order ....

1: Shambhala: Sacred Path of the Warrior
2: Cutting Through Spiritual materialism
3: Training the Mind and Cultivating Lovingkindness
Chaz
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:23 am
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Most important works by Trungpa Rinpoche

Postby Dechen Norbu » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:28 am

1.) Cutting through Spiritual Materialism
2.) Cutting through Spiritual Materialism
3.) Cutting through Spiritual Materialism

8-)
User avatar
Dechen Norbu
 
Posts: 2798
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Most important works by Trungpa Rinpoche

Postby mint » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Dechen Norbu wrote:1.) Cutting through Spiritual Materialism
2.) Cutting through Spiritual Materialism
3.) Cutting through Spiritual Materialism

8-)


That is cheating, friend. ;)

However, it's an extremely important book. It embraces the no-nonsense style that, I think, characterizes most of CTR's teachings. I think any person of any creed or non-creed, any person trying to embark on a spiritual path, should read this book because you will have moments like me where you say to yourself, "Oh gee, that sounds just like me, and that isn't good!"
User avatar
mint
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Most important works by Trungpa Rinpoche

Postby Silent Bob » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Chaz wrote:In this order ....

1: Shambhala: Sacred Path of the Warrior
2: Cutting Through Spiritual materialism
3: Training the Mind and Cultivating Lovingkindness


These three, though in the reverse order.
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"
Silent Bob
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:12 am

Re: Most important works by Trungpa Rinpoche

Postby Josef » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:11 pm

mint wrote:
Does anyone here own the Collected Works? I find myself drooling over the thought.


His collected works are good but if you are going to fork over the cash for a collection like that I would get Dilgo Khyentse's collected works.
Josef
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Re: Most important works by Trungpa Rinpoche

Postby mint » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:57 pm

Nangwa wrote:
mint wrote:
Does anyone here own the Collected Works? I find myself drooling over the thought.


His collected works are good but if you are going to fork over the cash for a collection like that I would get Dilgo Khyentse's collected works.


Too late. :lol: Starting this thread whetted my appetite a little too much. Plus, my birthday is coming up!
User avatar
mint
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:45 pm

Re: Most important works by Trungpa Rinpoche

Postby Josef » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:17 pm

mint wrote:
Too late. :lol: Starting this thread whetted my appetite a little too much. Plus, my birthday is coming up!

Cool. When you can you should get the Dilgo Khyentse collection as well. Its more traditional and has some indispensable commentaries.
Josef
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Re: Most important works by Trungpa Rinpoche

Postby TravisMay11 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:47 am

1. Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior
2. Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism
3. The Myth of Freedom

Next year they're going to put out a three volume set of his seminary transcripts which will be epic.
TravisMay11
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:45 am

Re: Most important works by Trungpa Rinpoche

Postby maybay » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:01 am

I'm really enjoying "Work, Sex, Money".
Feels like Spiritual Materialism laid down the gauntlet and now WSM uncovers all the weeds.
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron
User avatar
maybay
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm


Return to Mahāyāna Buddhism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: namoh, Phuntsog Tashi and 10 guests

>