Restless itching sensation inside the chest.

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.

Restless itching sensation inside the chest.

Postby Inge » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:18 am

Hi
At the age of 13 I started having a restless, burning and itching sensation in the chest. It is located at around four cm above the lower tip of the chestbone. It strenthens and weakens in waves, and at times it is so intense it is driving me mad, especially at night (it often begins in the afternoon, exhausts me through the night, and releases in the early morning. It is accompanied by feeling hot and dry on the body surface, itching of the skin (especially in the groin area), and excessive thirst. Holding something cool to the chest, and moving around is what I have found to ease the sensation. Often I have thought this might be heartburn, but once when the sensation was particularly tormenting I decided to lie completely still and listen to it in hope of figuring out what it was. In waves it grew stronger and stronger until at a point when I felt I was dying it exploded into blissful waves of "energy" going up and down the body, making me laugh and cry uncontrollably. After this the sensation was gone for some years, but now it is back. Do you know what this could be, and how to treat it?
Inge

Re: Restless itching sensation inside the chest.

Postby Tara » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:00 am

PLEASE NOTE

This forum is not for general discussion. There is a new forum for those wishing to engage in discussion about alternative health topics here

Tibetan Medicine forum Guidelines clearly state:

Will members of Dharma Wheel please note the Tibetan Medicine Forum is not a general discussion forum.

It was created so members could ask questions of and receive answers from qualified Tibetan Medicine practitioners. The only person currently recognised by Dharma Wheel as being qualified in the field of Tibetan Medicine is Namdrol....

Posts have been removed.

Regards,
It's not a competition. It's a choice.
Tara
Tara
Site Admin

Postby Inge » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Inge wrote:Hi
At the age of 13 I started having a restless, burning and itching sensation in the chest. It is located at around four cm above the lower tip of the chestbone. It strenthens and weakens in waves, and at times it is so intense it is driving me mad, especially at night (it often begins in the afternoon, exhausts me through the night, and releases in the early morning. It is accompanied by feeling hot and dry on the body surface, itching of the skin (especially in the groin area), and excessive thirst. Holding something cool to the chest, and moving around is what I have found to ease the sensation. Often I have thought this might be heartburn, but once when the sensation was particularly tormenting I decided to lie completely still and listen to it in hope of figuring out what it was. In waves it grew stronger and stronger until at a point when I felt I was dying it exploded into blissful waves of "energy" going up and down the body, making me laugh and cry uncontrollably. After this the sensation was gone for some years, but now it is back. Do you know what this could be, and how to treat it?

I have made the following self-diagnosis: The itching sensation in the chest is in fact heartburn, probably due to a hiatus hernia that I recently learned that "everybody" on my mothers side of the family has. The blissful energy waves was bliss arising from concentration on unpleasant sensation.

Do tibetan medicne have useful treatment for heartburn?
Inge

Postby Malcolm » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:34 pm

Inge wrote:

I have made the following self-diagnosis: The itching sensation in the chest is in fact heartburn, probably due to a hiatus hernia that I recently learned that "everybody" on my mothers side of the family has. The blissful energy waves was bliss arising from concentration on unpleasant sensation.

You should cut down on processed foods, drink more hot water, never eat after 6, eat your main meal at noon, these habits should help reduce your acid reflux. There are also herbs that one can take such as Congzhi Drugpa.

N
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

Though there are infinite liberating gateways of Dharma,
there are none not included in the dimension of the knowledge of the Great Perfection.

-- Buddha Samantabhadri
Malcolm

Postby Konchog1 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Namdrol wrote:
Inge wrote:

You should cut down on processed foods, drink more hot water, never eat after 6, eat your main meal at noon, these habits should help reduce your acid reflux. There are also herbs that one can take such as Congzhi Drugpa.

N
Heartburn is a bile disorder right?
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Konchog1

Postby Inge » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:03 am

Namdrol wrote:You should cut down on processed foods, drink more hot water, never eat after 6, eat your main meal at noon, these habits should help reduce your acid reflux. There are also herbs that one can take such as Congzhi Drugpa.

N

Ok. Thanks.
Inge

Return to Tibetan Medicine