Red Tara Empowerment - Lama Kunga Rinpoche

Mr. G

Red Tara Empowerment - Lama Kunga Rinpoche

Post by Mr. G »

Lama Kunga Rinpoche will kindly bestow the Empowerment of Red Tara at the Ewam Choden Center on October 23rd. Red Tara helps you to increase spiritual power. This event is open to everyone. The time is 1:00 p.m. The requested donation is $30. with offering dana to the Lama separate. Please arrive early to register, and be considerate of neighbors when parking.

http://www.ewamchoden.org/?page_id=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
padma norbu

Re: Red Tara Empowerment - Lama Kunga Rinpoche

Post by padma norbu »

mr. gordo wrote:Lama Kunga Rinpoche will kindly bestow the Empowerment of Red Tara at the Ewam Choden Center on October 23rd. Red Tara helps you to increase spiritual power. This event is open to everyone. The time is 1:00 p.m. The requested donation is $30. with offering dana to the Lama separate. Please arrive early to register, and be considerate of neighbors when parking.

http://www.ewamchoden.org/?page_id=12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Interesting. I wonder if I am even "allowed" to do this... I took refuge with Lama Tsering and she gave us the homework to do 100,000 repetitions of Red Tara's Jetzun prayer. Afterward, I was asking her a few questions and one of those was when or how I could receive Red Tara empowerment. She said that when I do the 100,000 repetitions then I can contact her. I forgot the order of the next few questions, but I basically asked if I get the empowerment if that means that I have to do the Red Tara sadhana every single day or it is breaking samaya and she said yes. There was also some talk about the 100,000 prostrations and mandalas, etc. of ngondro. I'm not sure when that is supposed to come into play since I just decided to take it as it comes. I could take 50 years to say 100,000 repetitions of the jetzun prayer if I want... anyway, she didn't forbid me from receiving Red Tara empowerment from anyone else. She might have if I asked, but I didn't. ;)
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

padma norbu wrote: Interesting. I wonder if I am even "allowed" to do this... I took refuge with Lama Tsering and she gave us the homework to do 100,000 repetitions of Red Tara's Jetzun prayer. Afterward, I was asking her a few questions and one of those was when or how I could receive Red Tara empowerment. She said that when I do the 100,000 repetitions then I can contact her
Well if you haven't received empowerment from her or had DI (not sure if she gives that) then she is not your Guru, so you don't have to worry about her permission. Even if she were your Guru, we should be free to receive the teachings we feel we need to. However, I think if you do the 100k reps, there should be a great deal of benefit. Tara removes all problems. And Red Tara is very special. She make all the good things come to you, gives you influence, etc.

Kevin
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Virgo wrote:
padma norbu wrote: Interesting. I wonder if I am even "allowed" to do this... I took refuge with Lama Tsering and she gave us the homework to do 100,000 repetitions of Red Tara's Jetzun prayer. Afterward, I was asking her a few questions and one of those was when or how I could receive Red Tara empowerment. She said that when I do the 100,000 repetitions then I can contact her
Well if you haven't received empowerment from her or had DI (not sure if she gives that) then she is not your Guru, so you don't have to worry about her permission. Even if she were your Guru, we should be free to receive the teachings we feel we need to. However, I think if you do the 100k reps, there should be a great deal of benefit. Tara removes all problems. And Red Tara is very special. She make all the good things come to you, gives you influence, etc.

Kevin

Yeah, that's what I figured as well. :thumbsup:
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Ah, it's in California. Thought it was in NY somewhere.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

padma norbu wrote:Ah, it's in California. Thought it was in NY somewhere.
You might be thinking of Evam Institute.

http://www.evam.org/

Kevin
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

Nah, I just thought it was NY because last I knew Mr. Gordo was in Long Island or something.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

padma norbu wrote:Nah, I just thought it was NY because last I knew Mr. Gordo was in Long Island or something.
Ah. Thought you might have mixed up the names (as I did).

Mr Gordo, you near Floral Park?

Kevin
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Does anyone know where the center is? I will happen to be in the Bay area 22-28 Oct.

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Silent Bob

Post by Silent Bob »

kirtu wrote:Does anyone know where the center is? I will happen to be in the Bay area 22-28 Oct.

Kirt
Here ya go, Kirt--it's in the Berkeley Hills: http://www.ewamchoden.org/?page_id=32" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I've been there a few times--it's an inconspicuous house in a residential neighborhood.

Chris
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Thanks!

Kirt
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."

HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

padma norbu wrote: Interesting. I wonder if I am even "allowed" to do this...
This wasn't Red Tara from Apong Terton but kriya tanta Red Tara from the 13 Golden Dharmas. It was a very wonderful empowerment. Lama Kunga was very detailed.

Kirt

HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “North America (USA & Canada)”