MRO one month residency

MRO one month residency

Postby meindzai » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:33 am

Even though I've been studying/practicing in the Theravada traditon I still have a fondness for the teachings of the Mountains and Rivers order, and also the structure of the place - the sesshins, the retreats, etc. I've been wanting to get back there for awhile but haven't really had the time or money to get there.

However, I'm possibly getting laid off from work, and sellling my late mother's house before I move to Florida to be with my girlfriend. In May she is going to Brazil for a month on an assignment via her local rotary club - so the idea dawned on us that this would be a great - and probably the only - opportunity for me to do a serious and long stay at a monastery. MRO is my best bet for a number of reasons that I won't get into at present.

So any input about exeriences of long term stay at MRO or any other monastery would be appreciated. As it turns out, the Philadelphia branch of MRO will be doing a single day retreat that I may be able to attend soon.

I certainly have stuggles with the disparities between the ways things are done in Theravada vs. Zen, but I really look forward to using this as an opportunity to help get some clarity on those things from a teacher.

-M
"The Dharma is huge." - Rael
meindzai

Re: MRO one month residency

Postby meindzai » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:42 pm

No-one?
"The Dharma is huge." - Rael
meindzai

Return to Zen