Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Amituofo!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:02 am 

Hello everyone, I am new to these boards. I used to be a member of e-sangha (but only as a lurker, I hardly ever posted) and kinda found these boards by accident. It is really great that there is a popular (as in at least one new post a day) forum still out there and working for different Buddhist practitioners to get together.

As for me, I am a practicing Buddhist of about a year. I mostly follow Pureland and Ch'an in my practice, but I really am open to a variety of practices. I am also very interested in studying the Lotus Sutra and schools that focus on it, as I feel it is a very rich sutra that has a lot to offer to everybody.

Anyway it is good to meet you all! :namaste:

Post subject: Re: Amituofo!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:00 am 

Amituofo! :buddha1:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:48 pm 

Welcome!
:namaste:
Amituofo!

Kevin

http://www.dalailama.com/webcasts/post/336-je-tsongkhapas-great-stages-of-the-path
http://www.ripple.org
http://caretoclick.com/save-the-rainforests/donate-clicks-likes-and-tweets-to-fight-climate-change-and-deforestation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:46 pm 
Founding Member

Welcome to Dharma Wheel! We're glad to have you :)

Kindly,
Laura

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:11 pm 
Founding Member

Greetings,

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha2:

(and feel free here to post as well as lurk!)

Metta,
Retro. :)

Dhamma Wheel (Theravada forum) * Here Comes Trouble

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:20 am 

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody. :group:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:49 am 
Site Admin

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

Dhamma Wheel forum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:47 pm 

joaquinj wrote:
Hello everyone, I am new to these boards. I used to be a member of e-sangha (but only as a lurker, I hardly ever posted) and kinda found these boards by accident. It is really great that there is a popular (as in at least one new post a day) forum still out there and working for different Buddhist practitioners to get together.

As for me, I am a practicing Buddhist of about a year. I mostly follow Pureland and Ch'an in my practice, but I really am open to a variety of practices. I am also very interested in studying the Lotus Sutra and schools that focus on it, as I feel it is a very rich sutra that has a lot to offer to everybody.

Anyway it is good to meet you all! :namaste:

Hi!

Interesting to hear of Pureland / Chan practitioners in the West. My I inquire as to your teacher, or with which group you practice? I know of a great teacher in the greater Seattle area, though he lives a rather hermit-ish lifestyle, and his health is not so great.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:11 am 

Huifeng wrote:
Hi!

Interesting to hear of Pureland / Chan practitioners in the West. My I inquire as to your teacher, or with which group you practice? I know of a great teacher in the greater Seattle area, though he lives a rather hermit-ish lifestyle, and his health is not so great.

I practice at Gold Summit monastery (branch temple of CTTB), the resident teacher there is Ven. Heng Syun. I am a big fan of her teaching style, it is very dynamic and with a liberal dose of humor thrown in as well. :) It is also always nice having bi and sometimes even tri-lingual lectures (Chinese/Vietnamese/English) and having services that are in English or Chinese, not just always one or the other.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:19 am 

joaquinj wrote:
Huifeng wrote:
Hi!

I practice at Gold Summit monastery (branch temple of CTTB), the resident teacher there is Ven. Heng Syun. I am a big fan of her teaching style, it is very dynamic and with a liberal dose of humor thrown in as well. :) It is also always nice having bi and sometimes even tri-lingual lectures (Chinese/Vietnamese/English) and having services that are in English or Chinese, not just always one or the other.

Thanks! I should have guessed it would be part of CTTB.

There is another CTTB associated teacher in Seattle, Ven Heng Shou (aka: Dharmamitra). He was one of Ven Master Hua's first five american disciples. He is probably difficult to track down, and spends most of the time he can on some very high quality translations.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:49 am 

Ven. Huifeng,

Thanks for the information. I have heard of these translations before, they look very interesting, and mostly works that I haven't read before. Didn't know that this translator was based in Seattle though! Interesting.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:50 am 

:namaste:
Welcome to Dharma Wheel. May your time here be of benefit to everyone here!

:heart:
Ogyen.

The Heart Drive Word Press
Mud to Lotus

"To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never, to forget." –Arundhati Roy