Guru Rinpoche Day!

gnegirl

Guru Rinpoche Day!

Post by gnegirl »

Its today, during the Miracle Month, and merit is multiplied like a lot...i don't remember the exact figure...
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
plwk

Re: Guru Rinpoche Day!

Post by plwk »

Thomas Amundsen

Post by Thomas Amundsen »

plwk wrote:Image
Vajra Guru Mantra
Reminds me of Bjork. lol
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

Bump....is Today!
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

Bump....yep... :)

username

Post by username »

gnegirl wrote:Bump....yep... :)
Thanks for always doing this.

ChatralSDR.jpg
ChatralSDR.jpg (327.41 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
Om Ah Hung Vajra Guru Padma Siddhi Hung
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

No problem :)

gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

*bump* :)

Happy GR Day in Saka Dawa Month :)

username

Post by username »

http://www.flickriver.com/groups/guru_r ... teresting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Wow, thanks for this.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
username

Post by username »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:
Wow, thanks for this.
I know, I miss him too.
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

me 2.

gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

*bump*

Tomorrow! :)

Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Just spent the morning doing the Vajra Guru mantra while circumambulating the Albuquerque Stupa
Attachments
ALBQ-stupaClouds750.jpg
ALBQ-stupaClouds750.jpg (26.26 KiB) Viewed 4368 times
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Josef

Post by Josef »

Just sent an email to one of my root gurus to say thank you.
I hope you all had as wonderful a day today as I did.
:smile:
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

Fa Dao wrote:Just spent the morning doing the Vajra Guru mantra while circumambulating the Albuquerque Stupa
Yay! The Alburquerque stupa! My teacher consecrated it! Glad to see its still standing, the parks department has not been its friend.

Starglade

Post by Starglade »

Fa Dao wrote:Just spent the morning doing the Vajra Guru mantra while circumambulating the Albuquerque Stupa
How beautiful. I took my daughter on a drive to Deer Park Buddhist Center, about an hour and 20 minutes from home, this afternoon. While we were unable to visit the new temple (as all the monks and nuns are currently in Washington D.C. for HHDL's Kalachakra for World Peace and the related activities), we were invited to follow the path past the old temple to the Kalachakra stupa, which was dedicated 30 years ago by HHDL himself. The sensation of calm and peace I felt when it first entered my field of vision is indescribable. I explained to my daughter that if she wanted to circumambulate with me, she could, and suggested that she think about peace around the world while she did. She felt moved to leave an offering (a bracelet she had decided to wear today for the first time in--forever, I think) with those left by previous visitors, as did I. As I was completing my personal time there, a family group (all adults) entered the area and stood quietly until I finished. I spoke with them briefly, as they were asking questions to which I felt confident providing answers (nothing too esoteric or deep :tongue: ), bade them good afternoon, and walked quietly back to our car.

She asked me on the drive home if we would be going back there for one or more of the weekly dharma talks. (This from "my little agnostic," as I fondly refer to her.) I take that as a good sign, indeed. It's a drive, and something of a sacrifice financially (with the price of gas being what it is) for something that many people would hardly consider vital, but--many people aren't me, and I feel drawn there. I am hopeful, for the first time since being pulled in this direction, that I may finally be on the right path.

All of that, by way of saying: I didn't even know today was a significant day, when I decided to visit and circumambulate. :namaste:
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

*bump* :)

Have a good tsok day!

gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

*Bump*

May we all generate enough merit to stabilize our teacher's and our own highest aspirations toward the liberation of all sentient beings on this tsok day.
May the direction of all actions be undertaken from wisdom and compassion and may ignorance vanish into space.

gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

and *BUMP*. :)

Return to “Nyingma”