Vimala

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
Epistemes

Vimala

Post by Epistemes »

I recently purchased some Vimala from Siddhi Energetics.

When is the best time to take it - in the morning or before bed?
If in the morning, how long before a meal?
I also take Magnesium Citrate in the evening for digestion.
Should Vimala be taken before or after taking the Magnesium Citrate supplement?
Will Magnesium Citrate reduce the efficacy of Vimala?
Cantankerous Buddha
Malcolm

Re: Vimala

Post by Malcolm »

Epistemes wrote:I recently purchased some Vimala from Siddhi Energetics.

When is the best time to take it - in the morning or before bed?
If in the morning, how long before a meal?
I also take Magnesium Citrate in the evening for digestion.
Should Vimala be taken before or after taking the Magnesium Citrate supplement?
Will Magnesium Citrate reduce the efficacy of Vimala?
You should take Vimala about an hour before sleeping.

Why are you taking magnesium citrate?

You should seperate Vimala from Magnesium citrate by about an hour. Vimala may be used as needed. It can be made a little more effective by taking it with warm milk or a small spot of brandy, port, or other aged alchohol. Vimala may also be taken early in the morning to calm anxiety.

N
Epistemes

Post by Epistemes »

Namdrol wrote: Why are you taking magnesium citrate?
I have to take this plus Metamucil everyday to prevent constipation. I may have some form of collitis. I went to a GI doctor about 3-4 years ago due to some problems with constipation, but by this time I had found the above remedy for preventing it. He said that if the remedy worked, he would advise against a colonoscopy unless the symptoms got worse, which they haven't.
Cantankerous Buddha
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Epistemes wrote:
I have to take this plus Metamucil everyday to prevent constipation. I may have some form of collitis. I went to a GI doctor about 3-4 years ago due to some problems with constipation, but by this time I had found the above remedy for preventing it. He said that if the remedy worked, he would advise against a colonoscopy unless the symptoms got worse, which they haven't.

This a bad long term solution. You will become completely dependent on this.

I reccomend doing some sort of cleanse. Colorado Cleanse I think is one of the best designed.

lifespa.com

This should solve your issue.

N
Epistemes

Post by Epistemes »

Namdrol wrote:
Epistemes wrote:

This a bad long term solution. You will become completely dependent on this.
Thanks for the link. I'll make sure to do a cleanse in the very near future.

But why is my solution bad, and why is being completely dependent on it not good? I currently look at it from the standpoint of 'If they keep manufacturing this or similar products, I'm good 'til death.' Plus, taking Metamucil has helped with cholesterol.
Cantankerous Buddha
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Epistemes wrote:
Thanks for the link. I'll make sure to do a cleanse in the very near future.

But why is my solution bad, and why is being completely dependent on it not good? I currently look at it from the standpoint of 'If they keep manufacturing this or similar products, I'm good 'til death.' Plus, taking Metamucil has helped with cholesterol.
Because it means that you are not digesting food properly, and that will lead to major health crises later on. Better to prevent it now while you are still young.

N
Last edited by Malcolm on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Two posts have been removed as per the Guidelines for this forum:
Will members of Dharma Wheel please note the Tibetan Medicine Forum is not a general discussion forum. ......
Regards,
Epistemes

Post by Epistemes »

Namdrol wrote: You should seperate Vimala from Magnesium citrate by about an hour. Vimala may be used as needed. It can be made a little more effective by taking it with warm milk or a small spot of brandy, port, or other aged alchohol. Vimala may also be taken early in the morning to calm anxiety.
What are your primary reasons for suggesting that Vimala be taken separately from Magnesium citrate? Magnesium citrate has a number of benefits aside from my primary reason for making it a daily supplement. Is there something in Magnesium citrate that could counter-act Vimala?

How does one determine when Vimala is needed versus making it a daily supplement?
Cantankerous Buddha
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Epistemes wrote:
Namdrol wrote: You should seperate Vimala from Magnesium citrate by about an hour. Vimala may be used as needed. It can be made a little more effective by taking it with warm milk or a small spot of brandy, port, or other aged alchohol. Vimala may also be taken early in the morning to calm anxiety.
What are your primary reasons for suggesting that Vimala be taken separately from Magnesium citrate? Magnesium citrate has a number of benefits aside from my primary reason for making it a daily supplement. Is there something in Magnesium citrate that could counter-act Vimala?

How does one determine when Vimala is needed versus making it a daily supplement?
Mostly because in Tibetan medicine we don't load up on pills all at the same time.

The purpose of Vimala is to help one sleep and otherwise reduce symptoms of vata disturbances.

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”