Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Vimala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 234
Location: Here
I recently purchased some Vimala from Siddhi Energetics.

When is the best time to take it - in the morning or before bed?
If in the morning, how long before a meal?
I also take Magnesium Citrate in the evening for digestion.
Should Vimala be taken before or after taking the Magnesium Citrate supplement?
Will Magnesium Citrate reduce the efficacy of Vimala?

_________________
Cantankerous Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vimala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am
Posts: 12736
Epistemes wrote:
I recently purchased some Vimala from Siddhi Energetics.

When is the best time to take it - in the morning or before bed?
If in the morning, how long before a meal?
I also take Magnesium Citrate in the evening for digestion.
Should Vimala be taken before or after taking the Magnesium Citrate supplement?
Will Magnesium Citrate reduce the efficacy of Vimala?


You should take Vimala about an hour before sleeping.

Why are you taking magnesium citrate?

You should seperate Vimala from Magnesium citrate by about an hour. Vimala may be used as needed. It can be made a little more effective by taking it with warm milk or a small spot of brandy, port, or other aged alchohol. Vimala may also be taken early in the morning to calm anxiety.

N

_________________
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vimala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 234
Location: Here
Namdrol wrote:
Why are you taking magnesium citrate?


I have to take this plus Metamucil everyday to prevent constipation. I may have some form of collitis. I went to a GI doctor about 3-4 years ago due to some problems with constipation, but by this time I had found the above remedy for preventing it. He said that if the remedy worked, he would advise against a colonoscopy unless the symptoms got worse, which they haven't.

_________________
Cantankerous Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vimala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am
Posts: 12736
Epistemes wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Why are you taking magnesium citrate?


I have to take this plus Metamucil everyday to prevent constipation. I may have some form of collitis. I went to a GI doctor about 3-4 years ago due to some problems with constipation, but by this time I had found the above remedy for preventing it. He said that if the remedy worked, he would advise against a colonoscopy unless the symptoms got worse, which they haven't.



This a bad long term solution. You will become completely dependent on this.

I reccomend doing some sort of cleanse. Colorado Cleanse I think is one of the best designed.

lifespa.com

This should solve your issue.

N

_________________
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vimala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 234
Location: Here
Namdrol wrote:
Epistemes wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
Why are you taking magnesium citrate?


I have to take this plus Metamucil everyday to prevent constipation. I may have some form of collitis. I went to a GI doctor about 3-4 years ago due to some problems with constipation, but by this time I had found the above remedy for preventing it. He said that if the remedy worked, he would advise against a colonoscopy unless the symptoms got worse, which they haven't.



This a bad long term solution. You will become completely dependent on this.



Thanks for the link. I'll make sure to do a cleanse in the very near future.

But why is my solution bad, and why is being completely dependent on it not good? I currently look at it from the standpoint of 'If they keep manufacturing this or similar products, I'm good 'til death.' Plus, taking Metamucil has helped with cholesterol.

_________________
Cantankerous Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vimala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am
Posts: 12736
Epistemes wrote:

Thanks for the link. I'll make sure to do a cleanse in the very near future.

But why is my solution bad, and why is being completely dependent on it not good? I currently look at it from the standpoint of 'If they keep manufacturing this or similar products, I'm good 'til death.' Plus, taking Metamucil has helped with cholesterol.


Because it means that you are not digesting food properly, and that will lead to major health crises later on. Better to prevent it now while you are still young.

N

_________________
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen


Last edited by Malcolm on Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vimala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:59 am
Posts: 3996
Two posts have been removed as per the Guidelines for this forum:

Quote:
Will members of Dharma Wheel please note the Tibetan Medicine Forum is not a general discussion forum. ......


Regards,


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vimala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am
Posts: 234
Location: Here
Namdrol wrote:
You should seperate Vimala from Magnesium citrate by about an hour. Vimala may be used as needed. It can be made a little more effective by taking it with warm milk or a small spot of brandy, port, or other aged alchohol. Vimala may also be taken early in the morning to calm anxiety.


What are your primary reasons for suggesting that Vimala be taken separately from Magnesium citrate? Magnesium citrate has a number of benefits aside from my primary reason for making it a daily supplement. Is there something in Magnesium citrate that could counter-act Vimala?

How does one determine when Vimala is needed versus making it a daily supplement?

_________________
Cantankerous Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Vimala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am
Posts: 12736
Epistemes wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
You should seperate Vimala from Magnesium citrate by about an hour. Vimala may be used as needed. It can be made a little more effective by taking it with warm milk or a small spot of brandy, port, or other aged alchohol. Vimala may also be taken early in the morning to calm anxiety.


What are your primary reasons for suggesting that Vimala be taken separately from Magnesium citrate? Magnesium citrate has a number of benefits aside from my primary reason for making it a daily supplement. Is there something in Magnesium citrate that could counter-act Vimala?

How does one determine when Vimala is needed versus making it a daily supplement?


Mostly because in Tibetan medicine we don't load up on pills all at the same time.

The purpose of Vimala is to help one sleep and otherwise reduce symptoms of vata disturbances.

_________________
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
http://www.sakyapa.net
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

How can you not practice the highest Dharma
at this time of obtaining a perfect human body?

-- Jetsun Dragpa Gyaltsen


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group