Dat hard feeling...

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
Thug4lyfe

Dat hard feeling...

Post by Thug4lyfe »

Anyone ever get this hard feeling in their head and body during meditation? Usually during the compassionate visualisation, when the reached the point of visualising universal peace and tranquility I get this hard feeling in my head, and my body feels hard and soft at the same time. Anyone of you homeboys ever get this or know the theory behind this?

Churz!
Paul

Re: Dat hard feeling...

Post by Paul »

Food_Eatah wrote:Anyone ever get this hard feeling in their head and body during meditation? Usually during the compassionate visualisation, when the reached the point of visualising universal peace and tranquility I get this hard feeling in my head, and my body feels hard and soft at the same time. Anyone of you homeboys ever get this or know the theory behind this?

Churz!
I have had a feeling like my head's made of wood - very solid and unpleasant. It's basically a lung disorder and to fix it requires relaxing a lot more during the practice to bring the lung down.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

call a doctor if it lasts more than 4 hours.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Maybe your focusing too hard? Like a stringed instrument, if the strings are too taut, it will not produce the right sound. Likewise, if they are too loose the right sound won't be produced. So take the middle road.

Kevin

Return to “Meditation”