Ankle, Knee, Elbow Itch

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
Arnoud

Ankle, Knee, Elbow Itch

Post by Arnoud »

The last 2 nights I have been unable to sleep because I have very strong itching sensations around the ankles, on the front of my knees and at the back of my elbows. So, all places where the skin is very thin. Tonight it is also itching on my outside thighs. However, there is no rash to be found. Nowhere. I have been having a little cold the last 3 or 4 days. Nothing major and the first one in 2 years. I am generally healthy, so this is pretty strange. Any idea what this could be? Oh yeah, I don't have problems during the day. At least, nothing like when I sit down.

Many thanks, C
Malcolm

Re: Ankle, Knee, Elbow Itch

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:The last 2 nights I have been unable to sleep because I have very strong itching sensations around the ankles, on the front of my knees and at the back of my elbows. So, all places where the skin is very thin. Tonight it is also itching on my outside thighs. However, there is no rash to be found. Nowhere. I have been having a little cold the last 3 or 4 days. Nothing major and the first one in 2 years. I am generally healthy, so this is pretty strange. Any idea what this could be? Oh yeah, I don't have problems during the day. At least, nothing like when I sit down.

Many thanks, C

No clue.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Ah, that is too bad, but thanks for the answer anyway.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:Ah, that is too bad, but thanks for the answer anyway.

Has the heat gone on?

Do you have a food allergy, new clothes, new soap, new pet, new lover, new job? What has changed besides your recent cold?

Are you getting shingles perhaps?

N
nirmal

Post by nirmal »

Clarence wrote:The last 2 nights I have been unable to sleep because I have very strong itching sensations around the ankles, on the front of my knees and at the back of my elbows. So, all places where the skin is very thin. Tonight it is also itching on my outside thighs. However, there is no rash to be found. Nowhere. I have been having a little cold the last 3 or 4 days. Nothing major and the first one in 2 years. I am generally healthy, so this is pretty strange. Any idea what this could be? Oh yeah, I don't have problems during the day. At least, nothing like when I sit down.

Many thanks, C

Is the itch at the same spot on both thighs? I mean, if it is about 20cm above your knee on the outside of your left thigh,is it also about 20cm above your knee on the outside of your right thigh?

Do you have the feeling that you're being poked by a sharp needle just when you're about to doze off?
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

nirmal wrote:Is the itch at the same spot on both thighs? I mean, if it is about 20cm above your knee on the outside of your left thigh,is it also about 20cm above your knee on the outside of your right thigh?

Do you have the feeling that you're being poked by a sharp needle just when you're about to doze off?
Please note this forum, Tibetan Medicine, is not a general discussion forum. There are specific Guidelines for posting here.

Members post questions here which are answered by those who are qualified in the field of Tibetan Medicine. The only person currently recoginsed by Dharma Wheel as being qualified in the field of Tibetan Medicine is Namdrol.

Members are free to ask similar questions elsewhere for example in the "Help required" forum where all are free to respond.

Regards,
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Namdrol wrote:
Clarence wrote:Ah, that is too bad, but thanks for the answer anyway.

Has the heat gone on?

Do you have a food allergy, new clothes, new soap, new pet, new lover, new job? What has changed besides your recent cold?

Are you getting shingles perhaps?

N
The heat has gone away. Until 3 AM I couldn't sleep, so I decided to take a shower. That made it a little better and I slept from 5-8AM. I have a mild lactose intolerance which I think gives me headaches every now and then, but nothing else I know of. No new clothes, soap, lover or job. I did pet a dog last Friday which came from Spain and was in not excellent condition. However, the rest of the fam. also petted it and they don't have any symptoms.

BTW, yesterday night I did have a rash, which is gone now. That is the strange thing. It really just feels like a superficial skin itch, no needles being stuck in. It comes at night, makes me unable to sleep, then leaves in the morning. So, needless to say I haven't gotten a lot of sleep the last 3 nights, which isn't helping my cold either.
Only other change is that I am practicing more the last month again. Not even a lot, but just daily practice. Just meditation.
Can't think of anything else.

Many thanks again for your help! C

P.S. I will look into shingles, don't know what those are off the top of my head.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:
P.S. I will look into shingles, don't know what those are off the top of my head.
Adult chicken pox.

Sounds to me like you might have a mild allergy to dog dander.

You need to wash all the clothes that you were wearing when you contacted the dog.

You need to rub a good quality pitta pacifying ayurvedic oil on the affected areas after you shower.

N
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Namdrol wrote:
Clarence wrote:
Adult chicken pox.

Sounds to me like you might have a mild allergy to dog dander.

You need to wash all the clothes that you were wearing when you contacted the dog.

You need to rub a good quality pitta pacifying ayurvedic oil on the affected areas after you shower.

N
Thank you once again for your answer. Update for today: whole day no symptoms. Now I feel a little itchy at the knees. No rash. I think yesterday's rash was just from scratching. The allergy to dogs would have to be dog specific as we have 3 dogs at home. Could still be as she was a rescue from Spain and very shabby looking.
Could mental stuff also be a cause? This all started since I heard I had to start some job again tomorrow (due to illness of ex-business partner). I ask since today I had no itching until I came back home. Now, it is okay. I just keep telling myself to knock it off.

Will a good ayurvedic store know what pitta pacifying oil to give me when I ask?

Many thanks once again,

C
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Clarence wrote:
Will a good ayurvedic store know what pitta pacifying oil to give me when I ask?

Many thanks once again,

C
Yup.

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”