Lojongs, Rushens, and Semdzins

Fa Dao

Lojongs, Rushens, and Semdzins

Postby Fa Dao » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:23 pm

Does anyone know if ChNNR's book "Teachings on Lojongs, Rushens, and Semdzins" has any more details on these practices than does the Precious Vase book? Maybe I am just a little slow but there are a number of minor points that I am not clear about and it is probably not a good idea to discuss them in an open forum.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

Pero

Re: Lojongs, Rushens, and Semdzins

Postby Pero » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:07 pm

I have both books. I don't think either is much clearer than the other. I also don't do them.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

heart

Postby heart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:23 am

These things are difficult to learn from a book.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Pero

Postby Pero » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:31 am

Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar

heart

Postby heart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:40 am

~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Pero

Postby Pero » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:11 pm

- Shabkar

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:57 pm

I first did them with the sangha for a couple hours. We tried a few different ones. I left thinking :zzz:

Reminded me of a cat chasing a laser pointer.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

heart

Postby heart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:03 pm

~Kurt Vonnegut

Pero

Postby Pero » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:03 pm

- Shabkar

Fa Dao

Postby Fa Dao » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:09 pm

It is nice to know that I am not the only one who has a little difficulty doing these various practices from a book and wondering if I am doing it correctly or not.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:37 pm

I don't really understand why they are necessary, tbh. At least the ones I've done.

Kelwin

Postby Kelwin » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:55 pm

'I will not take your feelings seriously, and neither will you' -Lama Lena

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Kelwin

Postby Kelwin » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:07 pm

'I will not take your feelings seriously, and neither will you' -Lama Lena

Fa Dao

Postby Fa Dao » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:10 pm

In regards to these perhaps someone knowledgeable can answer this for me...
4 thuns=1 day of practice
how much time per thun?

heart

Postby heart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:11 pm

~Kurt Vonnegut

heart

Postby heart » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:12 pm

~Kurt Vonnegut

Fa Dao

Postby Fa Dao » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:19 pm

cool..thanks Magnus

padma norbu

Postby padma norbu » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Return to “Dzogchen”