Grasping at Clear Light

swampflower

Grasping at Clear Light

Post by swampflower »

My weak understanding of clear light is as the most subtle mind or awareness that may only be realized by stripping away all obscuration to reveal the clear light of awareness.
My question: Is there any fear of grasping at clear light? Is this even possible?
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Virgo

Re: Grasping at Clear Light

Post by Virgo »

Sure fear is possible. But, basically, you have to become Fearless.

Kevin
el_chupacabra

Post by el_chupacabra »

My understanding is that the clear light is awareness. In the encounter with emptiness the "natural" tendency is to project either good feelings (desire/attachment) or bad stuff (anger/aversion) or to drift into unconsciousness (ignorance). Can awareness grasp at itself? I guess that would be to conceptualise the self and miss the encounter entirely.
swampflower

Post by swampflower »

el_chupacabra wrote:My understanding is that the clear light is awareness. In the encounter with emptiness the "natural" tendency is to project either good feelings (desire/attachment) or bad stuff (anger/aversion) or to drift into unconsciousness (ignorance). Can awareness grasp at itself? I guess that would be to conceptualise the self and miss the encounter entirely.
That is sort of what I thought.
:meditate:
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

swampflower wrote: My question: Is there any fear of grasping at clear light? Is this even possible?
you might become light headed.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.

Return to “Dzogchen”