young khachab rinpoche a terton?

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

young khachab rinpoche a terton?

Postby Adamantine » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:00 am

I am just interested in details of this statement from the website: "Younge Khachab Rinpoche is the Younge family lineage holder, a treasure-revealer, and a true non-sectarian scholar and Dzogchen yogi."

If he is a terton, has he been teaching, giving wangs for, or in any way propagating his terma? All the wangs I've seen advertised with him have been from prior termas, so I am wondering more about what his terma is and if he transmits it.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Adamantine
Former staff member

Re: young khachab rinpoche a terton?

Postby username » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:36 am

Tulku Thondup's book explains why many terma are private or for a few or have to wait.
http://www.youtube.com/user/nwtca#g/u
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
username

Return to Nyingma