Chronic Gastritis

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
AdmiralJim

Chronic Gastritis

Post by AdmiralJim »

I am wondering there are any dietary changes which you would recommend to help with this condition. The doctors do not know what is causing my chronic stomach inflammation as I don't drink any alcohol or smoke and I am negative for a common bacteria that causes stomach inflammation. I have been told I will have good and bad days and given a leaflet on indigestion which isn't even gastritis grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I don't know where we are going but it will be nice when we get there
Malcolm

Re: Chronic Gastritis

Post by Malcolm »

AdmiralJim wrote:I am wondering there are any dietary changes which you would recommend to help with this condition. The doctors do not know what is causing my chronic stomach inflammation as I don't drink any alcohol or smoke and I am negative for a common bacteria that causes stomach inflammation. I have been told I will have good and bad days and given a leaflet on indigestion which isn't even gastritis grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Do you have acid reflux?

when do you eat, what do you eat, how do you eat it?

?
AdmiralJim

Post by AdmiralJim »

Do you have acid reflux?

?
No I don't have acid reflux. I eat three meals a day. For breakfast I eat toast and porridge (around 7am/8am), for lunch (between 12-2pm) light soup or sushi. My main meal at night ( 8 or 9pm), I eat a variety of things from indian/asian cooking. but usually chicken or read meat and at the weekends i eat quite lightly so usually a veg stir fry for a main meal.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

AdmiralJim wrote:
Do you have acid reflux?

?
No I don't have acid reflux. I eat three meals a day. For breakfast I eat toast and porridge (around 7am/8am), for lunch (between 12-2pm) light soup or sushi. My main meal at night ( 8 or 9pm), I eat a variety of things from indian/asian cooking. but usually chicken or read meat and at the weekends i eat quite lightly so usually a veg stir fry for a main meal.
Have you connected this inflammation to any types of food?

What time of day/ which meal to you experience it?

Before or during meals, immediately after meals, or after digesting a meal (about an hour)?
AdmiralJim

Post by AdmiralJim »

Before or during meals, immediately after meals, or after digesting a meal (about an hour)?

It never completely goes away. I have noticed that fatty foods upset it, specfically milk and cheese and mince, although I have noticed if the milk is used in something cooked ( porridge or sauces) it doesn't have the same impact. I have also bizarrely noticed that it gets worse if I am around people who are wearing strong perfume/aftershave. I get it the worst after digesting meal a but it can happen during a meal or before too.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

AdmiralJim wrote:

It never completely goes away. I have noticed that fatty foods upset it, specfically milk and cheese and mince, although I have noticed if the milk is used in something cooked ( porridge or sauces) it doesn't have the same impact. I have also bizarrely noticed that it gets worse if I am around people who are wearing strong perfume/aftershave. I get it the worst after digesting meal a but it can happen during a meal or before too.

I think you should investigate whether you have a food "allergy".

N

Return to “Tibetan Medicine”