Prayers for my girlfriend

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.

Prayers for my girlfriend

Postby Epistemes » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:01 pm

Even though I don't know how Buddhist prayers work right now, I'd appreciate your prayers for my girlfriend. She is suffering from severe side effects of two antibiotics which she was given. She's at the end of her rope and I hate seeing her suffer like this.

Om Mani Padme Hum
Cantankerous Buddha
Epistemes

Re: Prayers for my girlfriend

Postby kirtu » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:49 pm

May your girlfriend quickly be well! May all the symptoms bothering her leave her body and may she be totally well.

THADYATHA OM BEKANZE BEKANZE MAHABEKANZE RAJA SAMUGATE SOHA
OM TARE TUTARE TURE SOHA
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

“All beings are Buddhas, but obscured by incidental stains. When those have been removed, there is Buddhahood.”
Hevajra Tantra
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby Nosta » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:59 pm

I prayed for her, saying the mantra of medicine Buddha (see above, what kirt said, thats one possible way to say the mantra).

I will be praying more for her today whenever i remember.

Please, let us know how is she.
Nosta

Postby uslic001 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:49 pm

Om Mani Padme Hum

Bryan
uslic001

Postby Epistemes » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Please continue your prayers to the medicine Buddha, as I cannot.

She still suffers.
Cantankerous Buddha
Epistemes

Postby Malcolm » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Epistemes wrote:Please continue your prayers to the medicine Buddha, as I cannot.

She still suffers.

Medicine Buddha's dharani:

Oṃ namo bhagavate bhaiṣajye guru vaiḍūryaprabharājāya tathāgatāya arhate saṃyak saṃbuddhāya tadyathā oṃ bhaiṣajye bhaiṣajye mahā bhaiṣajye rājā samudgate svāhā

Anyone can recite this.
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

" The one who teaches the benefits of peace,
he is said to be a ṛṣī; the others are the opposite of him."

-- Uttaratantra
Malcolm

Postby Karma Dondrup Tashi » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum
Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum Om Mani Padme Hum

Karma Dondrup Tashi

Postby Epistemes » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Namdrol wrote:
Epistemes wrote:Please continue your prayers to the medicine Buddha, as I cannot.

She still suffers.

Oṃ namo bhagavate bhaiṣajye guru vaiḍūryaprabharājāya tathāgatāya arhate saṃyak saṃbuddhāya tadyathā oṃ bhaiṣajye bhaiṣajye mahā bhaiṣajye rājā samudgate svāhā

Anyone can recite this.

"Cannot" not just being privilege, but ability (those are some odd words) and understanding of what's being said.
Cantankerous Buddha
Epistemes

Postby Malcolm » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Epistemes wrote:
Namdrol wrote:

She still suffers.

Anyone can recite this.

"Cannot" not just being privilege, but ability (those are some odd words) and understanding of what's being said.

Oṃ — auspicious
Namo — homage
Bhagavate — transcendent conquerer
bhaiṣajye guru — guru of physicians
vaiḍūryaprabharājāya — to the king of sapphire light
tathāgatāya — to the tathagata
arhate — the arhat
saṃyak saṃbuddhāya — to the true perfect buddha
tadyathā — thus
Oṃ — as above
bhaiṣajye bhaiṣajye — physician, physician,
mahā — great
bhaiṣajyerāja — king of physicians
samudgate — his special power heals disease
svāhā — well established
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://atikosha.org
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔

" The one who teaches the benefits of peace,
he is said to be a ṛṣī; the others are the opposite of him."

-- Uttaratantra
Malcolm

Postby dakini_boi » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:18 pm

for you and your girlfriend. May you have tremendous healing, and know peace and happiness free from conditions and circumstances.
dakini_boi

Return to Prayers and Aspirations