Dharma Gar led by Dzongsar Rinpoche - how to join?

Karma Samten

Dharma Gar led by Dzongsar Rinpoche - how to join?

Post by Karma Samten »

Is there anyone is the Dharma Gar program led by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche?

I am in North America, so I use http://dharmagarnorthamerica.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and send anks message via the "Contact" page, but haven't received any response.

Anyone knows how to apply this program or how to contact them?

Thanks
deff

Re: Dharma Gar led by Dzongsar Rinpoche - how to join?

Post by deff »

I'm a part of that dharma gar... it began on Losar 2010 and will run for ten years... unfortunately it's not possible to join now since it's a scheduled retreat setting

I've heard there will be an Asia Dharma Gar starting up sometime in the future, and will also be a 10 year program. unfortunately there won't be another north american dharma gar from what I've heard, however I've heard Rinpoche will start a Dharma Das study program that unlike the Gar won't have a daily practice commitment.

hope this helps
rai

Post by rai »

Hi,

This is the info i've found: "The current Dharma Gar – Europe group of participants started December 2008. The Dharma Gar - North America group started February 2010. If you are interested in joining future Dharma Gar groups (most likely starting 2012), please contact arne.schelling(at)gmx.de"

I also heard that there is another program starting soon, which is based on Student Manual written by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche (the old version of Student Manual is not available at the moment but the new version is forthcoming) It starts with some study period and then goes thru the Ngondro but there is no time commitment. You can hear more about it in Rinpoche's podcast "Advice on Ngöndro" http://www.siddharthasintent.org/2009/0 ... ondro.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

best!
Karma Samten

Post by Karma Samten »

Actually I got a response from Dharma Gar website - thanks a lot for all the tips.
heart

Post by heart »

Karma Samten wrote:Actually I got a response from Dharma Gar website - thanks a lot for all the tips.
So what did they tell you about joining?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Karma Samten

Post by Karma Samten »

The Dharma Gar Asia program will start in Feb. 2012, and 2 hours per day commitment still the same, the empowerment will take place in Asia (Taiwan I would imagine), dates have not been announced yet.

The flyer I received has the contact email address for the application, however it was instructed by Dzongsar Rinpoche that the flyer is not to posted on internet. So if you want, PM your email address, and I can forward it to you.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Karma Samten wrote:The Dharma Gar Asia program will start in Feb. 2012, and 2 hours per day commitment still the same, the empowerment will take place in Asia (Taiwan I would imagine), dates have not been announced yet.

The flyer I received has the contact email address for the application, however it was instructed by Dzongsar Rinpoche that the flyer is not to posted on internet. So if you want, PM your email address, and I can forward it to you.
Well it's an online program so the fact that it'll be in Asia in 2012 just means that you have to adjust time for online interaction? Or do you need to pitch a tent over in Asia?

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

kirtu wrote:
Karma Samten wrote:The Dharma Gar Asia program will start in Feb. 2012, and 2 hours per day commitment still the same, the empowerment will take place in Asia (Taiwan I would imagine), dates have not been announced yet.

Well it's an online program so the fact that it'll be in Asia in 2012 just means that you have to adjust time for online interaction? Or do you need to pitch a tent over in Asia?

Kirt
It means for the large gatherings of 'retreatants' where Rinpoche teaches and gives wangs related to the practices he is having them do, these will all take place in Asia// whereas now for the North American one they take place there. If you are in Europe it shouldn't make much difference either way, it actually may be a cheaper flight.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
username

Post by username »

http://www.youtube.com/user/KalachakraDB#g/u" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Zenda

Post by Zenda »

rai wrote:I also heard that there is another program starting soon, which is based on Student Manual written by Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche (the old version of Student Manual is not available at the moment but the new version is forthcoming) It starts with some study period and then goes thru the Ngondro but there is no time commitment. You can hear more about it in Rinpoche's podcast "Advice on Ngöndro" http://www.siddharthasintent.org/2009/0 ... ondro.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

best!
Hi all.

Just a point of clarification... the podcast above is excellent but was recorded in 2009. I suspect that it doesn't pertain specifically to the upcoming program (but again, it's worth listening to). It has been suggested that people keep an eye on siddharthasintent.org for information about the new student manual.

Return to “Nyingma”