Where can I find the Longchen Nyingtik Nongdro Sandhana

Karma Samten

Where can I find the Longchen Nyingtik Nongdro Sandhana

Post by Karma Samten »

Where can I find the Longchen Nyingtik Nongdro Sandhana with English translation?
Thanks
muni

Re: Where can I find the Longchen Nyingtik Nongdro Sandhana

Post by muni »

Look by lotsawahouse for English translation Longchen Nyingtik, please.

Ngondro, Chöd... http://www.lotsawahouse.org/illuminating.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is no wisdom in thoughts.
What are your thoughts about?
Karma Samten

Post by Karma Samten »

Thanks. I found that one too after I posted it. But there is a slightly difference than what I have (Tibetan/Chinese), for example, the one at lotsawahouse only has the visualization, but not the prayer after getting up from bed in the morning, that's why I asked for the "complete" English sadhana, I would appreciate if somebody could help. But with the one at lotsawahouse, it's enough to get me started.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Karma Samten wrote:Thanks. I found that one too after I posted it. But there is a slightly difference than what I have (Tibetan/Chinese), for example, the one at lotsawahouse only has the visualization, but not the prayer after getting up from bed in the morning, that's why I asked for the "complete" English sadhana, I would appreciate if somebody could help. But with the one at lotsawahouse, it's enough to get me started.
have you received the reading transmission or at least a Vajrasattva empowerment?
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Karma Samten

Post by Karma Samten »

Yes, I did. I received the reading transmission in 2007 from Sangye Tsering Rinpoche, the reincarnation of Ngawang Palzang.
Karma Samten

Post by Karma Samten »

up
Josef

Post by Josef »

Karma Samten wrote:up
can you get a copy from your teacher?
You can also order a copy from Dzogsar Khyentse Rinpoches website I believe.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Karma Samten

Post by Karma Samten »

Thanks. I did get the practice manual from Khyentse foundation, which is very wonderful. But it's not a sandha, it's a commentary.
I already have the Tibetan/Chinese Sadhana which is where I received transmission. I also would like to have the English one, what's why I posted here.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Karma Samten wrote:Thanks. I did get the practice manual from Khyentse foundation, which is very wonderful. But it's not a sandha, it's a commentary.
I already have the Tibetan/Chinese Sadhana which is where I received transmission. I also would like to have the English one, what's why I posted here.
there is an english translation available through Dodrupchen Rinpoche's center in Massachusetts.
mahasiddha.org just go to the store and you should be able to find it.
It is abridged but I am not sure to what extent. It was edited and abridged by Dodrupchen himself so I am sure its excellent.
Josef

Post by Josef »

Nangwa wrote:
Karma Samten wrote:Thanks. I did get the practice manual from Khyentse foundation, which is very wonderful. But it's not a sandha, it's a commentary.
there is an english translation available through Dodrupchen Rinpoche's center in Massachusetts.
mahasiddha.org just go to the store and you should be able to find it.
It is abridged but I am not sure to what extent. It was edited and abridged by Dodrupchen himself so I am sure its excellent.
Since I posted this I have looked at a copy of this sadhana.
The only major abridgment is to the mandala offering section. Other than that it looks almost identical to other LN ngondro sadhana's I have seen.
It is well edited, designed, and includes some excellent images and opening prayers to Shakyamuni Buddha.
Karma Samten

Post by Karma Samten »

Thanks. I will check it out.

Return to “Dzogchen”