ChNNR's Gomadevi practice

Rinchen Dorje

ChNNR's Gomadevi practice

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Am interested in finding some information on this practice/teaching. What its practiced for etc. All I know is that it is part of ChNNR's Longsal teachings. Any help would be appreciated.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Pero

Re: ChNNR's Gomadevi practice

Post by Pero »

Fa Dao wrote:Am interested in finding some information on this practice/teaching. What its practiced for etc. All I know is that it is part of ChNNR's Longsal teachings. Any help would be appreciated.
It's practiced for Buddhahood. :D
You can read about these practices in Longsal volumes 6 and 8.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
heart

Post by heart »

I am not familiar with this practice. Is it princess Gomadevi , the daughter of kin Jah? Holder of the Mahayoga Tantras?

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Magnus,
I am not sure. All I know is that it is part of Rinpoches Longsal cycle and there is a book on the shang shung website. I saw the picture of her and felt a connection and was looking to get a little background information.
"But if you know how to observe yourself, you will discover your real nature, the primordial state, the state of Guruyoga, and then all will become clear because you will have discovered everything"-Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

I guess you area student of ChNN. If this is indeed the case then you should have received the lung for this practice. If you are not a student of ChNN then I would recommend going to see him and asking him directly. It would be a very nice thing to do either way. Good luck with the practice and best wishes.
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

yes, I am a new student of ChNNR and did receive the lung. Was just simply looking for a little information on this practice If it is not appropriate to discuss this in an open forum then perhaps someone with some actual knowledge could email me?
Andrew108

Post by Andrew108 »

If it were me I would email one of the shangshung guys. Or post a message on Norbunet. I'm sure you will get more specific instructions related to the practice. Best wishes.
The Blessed One said:

"What is the All? Simply the eye & forms, ear & sounds, nose & aromas, tongue & flavors, body & tactile sensations, intellect & ideas. This, monks, is called the All. Anyone who would say, 'Repudiating this All, I will describe another,' if questioned on what exactly might be the grounds for his statement, would be unable to explain, and furthermore, would be put to grief. Why? Because it lies beyond range." Sabba Sutta.
Pero

Post by Pero »

heart wrote:I am not familiar with this practice. Is it princess Gomadevi , the daughter of kin Jah? Holder of the Mahayoga Tantras?
I don't know about that but she's a Semde teacher.
edit: Oh yeah, she was a princess.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
pawel

Post by pawel »

Hello!

Yes it is the Princess Gomadevi.

In the Longsal Teachings there are several practices related to Her; also the terma of Vajra Dance that Rinpoche received and gives, She is the source.
Rinpoches gives often the lung for one of the practices recently and there are also explanations for the practice organized frequently, like for example this spring there was a weekend course in Warsaw with Enzo Terzano.
I don't think that discussing anything further would be appropriate; if you read Norbunet, then the benefits of the practice were explained in the fliers that were announcing the courses :)

I'm happy for you and sending best wishes,
Pawel
Rinchen Dorje

Post by Rinchen Dorje »

Thank you all for your help and insight. I will check on Norbunet

Return to “Dzogchen”