Lung?

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.
User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
Posts: 5208
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Lung?

Postby kirtu » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 pm

So is lung mostly an indulgence in distraction brought on by chi not flowing correctly in the body and causing emotional excitation issues and distractions?

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 19396
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Lung?

Postby Malcolm » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:46 pm

kirtu wrote:So is lung mostly an indulgence in distraction brought on by chi not flowing correctly in the body and causing emotional excitation issues and distractions?

Kirt



No, not at all. It is a disfunction the element of air in the body.
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
kirtu
Former staff member
Posts: 5208
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Lung?

Postby kirtu » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:22 pm

Namdrol wrote:
kirtu wrote:So is lung mostly an indulgence in distraction brought on by chi not flowing correctly in the body and causing emotional excitation issues and distractions?

Kirt



No, not at all. It is a disfunction the element of air in the body.


Well what does it result in? I ask because Tsoknyi Rinpoche was excerpted recently and I read the entire question and answer series from the document that the excerpt came from and he says that Westerners have lung too high in the body and it needs to be brought down to just below the navel (the dan tien in Taoism/taiqi) and that as a result of lung Westerner's seem to be excitable and easily distracted but actually he's talking to people who already seem to know what the symptoms are so he doesn't go into that too much. He did the same thing in a video.

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 19396
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Lung?

Postby Malcolm » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:26 pm

kirtu wrote:
Namdrol wrote:
kirtu wrote:So is lung mostly an indulgence in distraction brought on by chi not flowing correctly in the body and causing emotional excitation issues and distractions?

Kirt



No, not at all. It is a disfunction the element of air in the body.


Well what does it result in? I ask because Tsoknyi Rinpoche was excerpted recently and I read the entire question and answer series from the document that the excerpt came from and he says that Westerners have lung too high in the body and it needs to be brought down to just below the navel (the dan tien in Taoism/taiqi) and that as a result of lung Westerner's seem to be excitable and easily distracted but actually he's talking to people who already seem to know what the symptoms are so he doesn't go into that too much. He did the same thing in a video.

Kirt



These are the general symptoms of a vata disorder:


    wishes to move, sighing, instability in the mind; dizziness; roaring the ears; dry, red rough tongue; inclination for bitter tastes; shifting pains; cold and shivering; trembling and pervasive twinges5; fatigue; stiffness; atrophy; chapping, feeling breaks, bulging, constricted; great pain when trembling; prickling; goosebumps; insomnia; yawning, shivering; wishing to stretch; aimless chatter; feeling of having been beaten on hips, waist, bones, and all the joints; twinge and pain in the occipital notch, the chest and the jaw; the vata points become sensitive and are painful when pressed; dry heaves; in the morning, bubbly sputum; bloating, roaring, pain after digesting in the morning.

The reason he says it needs to be brought below the navel is that the natural location of vata in the body is in the pelvic region.
http://www.atikosha.org
http://www.bhaisajya.net
http://www.bhaisajya.guru
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham


Return to “Tibetan Medicine”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests