suitable offering/translation please?

Moderator: Tibetan Buddhism moderators

suitable offering/translation please?

Postby Devotee » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:59 am

Dear Dharma Friends,

I recently thought of blending incense powder to offer to Vajrayana and Chinese temples. (It is a hobby of mine). I was thinking of a blend: Pine resin, sandalwood, frankincense, myrrh and cinnamon. Is this blend an acceptable offering to Chinese and Vajrayana temples?

If so, please help me label the incense, because unlike Chinese sandalwood powder, this blend can only be burned over charcoal, fire, or blended with more wood powder. The label I was thinking of:

"Incense Blend: Pine, sandalwood, frankincense, myrrh, cinnamon. Burn over fire, charcoal, or blend with wood powder."

Or, more simply:

"Incense Blend: Burn over fire, charcoal, or blend with wood powder."

Can anyone please help me with translation into Chinese and Tibetan? (The Rinpoches are from Nepal and Bhutan. Will they understand Tibetan?) My PC can read/print Tibetan and Chinese, so that won't be a problem :-)

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you so much!
Devotee

Re: suitable offering/translation please?

Postby muni » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:24 pm

pm.
muni

Re: suitable offering/translation please?

Postby Sonam Wangchug » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:19 am

Wow great deed your doing, thanks for your altruistic heart, by the way that incense sounds like it would smell delicious!
Sonam Wangchug

Return to Tibetan Buddhism