Starting to have more faith in things I didn't understand

padma norbu

Starting to have more faith in things I didn't understand

Post by padma norbu »

Now that I've been doing a lot of re-reading (prompted by desire to know details I was not interested in before), I am beginning to understand Namkhai Norbu's teaching methods/practices more, how they work, why they work, etc.

Is this a major part of actually getting them to work?

Let me clarify...

In the past, I put a little time into Purification of the Six Lokas practice and I briefly looked at Yantra Yoga. I recently got the Breathe DVD as well. All of these practices didn't interest me much because I couldn't really conceive of any benefit ever being produced by it for me. For others, sure. For me? Doubt it. Not interested. Now that I am beginning to understand the nature of energy/sound a little better, it seems like I could practice these things with perhaps the right kind of attention/focus that might be required to actually get anything out of them.

Am I right about this, or would I actually have received benefit just by doing things fairly blindly by rote?
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
florin

Re: Starting to have more faith in things I didn't understand

Post by florin »

there is something in rinpoche's teaching,a kind of taste,flavour -i cant quite put the finger on it-wich was kind a enough for me to give rise to faith .This faith was indispensable to push me to take a further look at his teaching.And now i cant get enough of it...

For many years i lived with the knowledge that CNNr was there but thought nothing of him.My view of DC and CNNR teaching was somehow prejudiced and tainted by a community i used to live in ,the heads of which didn't quite agree about how CNNr does things...

Any kind of faith is good in the beginning because it kind of puts you in touch with the teaching and eventually you will develop more understanding of things based on that faith whatever the faith....
padma norbu

Post by padma norbu »

I had faith in Namkhai Norbu. I just didn't think much of these particular methods because they seemed to be about doing things which produced no discernible results. Short or medium thun and SoV are different because they were simple and fairly mindless while producing a noticeable effect.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron
florin

Post by florin »

In my case there is nothing discernible although in the last few month i have increased the frequency of practice.

In fact i think i became stupider by the virtue of the fact that whenever my wife sees me laughs her head off for no apparent reason .Is probably the things i say..

Return to “Dzogchen”