Dat hard feeling...

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.

Dat hard feeling...

Postby Thug4lyfe » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:37 am

Anyone ever get this hard feeling in their head and body during meditation? Usually during the compassionate visualisation, when the reached the point of visualising universal peace and tranquility I get this hard feeling in my head, and my body feels hard and soft at the same time. Anyone of you homeboys ever get this or know the theory behind this?

Churz!
Thug4lyfe

Re: Dat hard feeling...

Postby Paul » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Food_Eatah wrote:Anyone ever get this hard feeling in their head and body during meditation? Usually during the compassionate visualisation, when the reached the point of visualising universal peace and tranquility I get this hard feeling in my head, and my body feels hard and soft at the same time. Anyone of you homeboys ever get this or know the theory behind this?

Churz!

I have had a feeling like my head's made of wood - very solid and unpleasant. It's basically a lung disorder and to fix it requires relaxing a lot more during the practice to bring the lung down.
This nature of mind is spontaneously present.
That spontaneity I was told is the dakini aspect.
Recognizing this should help me
Not to be stuck with fear of being sued.

-Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
Paul
Global Moderator

Postby PadmaVonSamba » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:16 pm

call a doctor if it lasts more than 4 hours.
Profile Picture: "The Foaming Monk"
The Chinese characters are Fo (buddha) and Ming (bright). The image is of a student of Buddhism, who, imagining himself to be a monk, and not understanding the true meaning of the words takes the sound of the words literally. Likewise, People on web forums sometime seem to be foaming at the mouth.
Original painting by P.Volker /used by permission.
PadmaVonSamba

Postby Virgo » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:47 am

Maybe your focusing too hard? Like a stringed instrument, if the strings are too taut, it will not produce the right sound. Likewise, if they are too loose the right sound won't be produced. So take the middle road.

Kevin
Virgo

Return to Meditation