My friend is dying

A forum for all questions about Tibetan Medicine. No more posting in this forum until further notice.

My friend is dying

Postby catmoon » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:46 pm

A friend of mine is scheduled for MRI scans to find a suspected brain tumour. She is only 23 and has an 18 month old son.

I took a Medicine Buddha empowerment. Is there anything else I can do besides pujas?
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
catmoon
Former staff member

Re: My friend is dying

Postby Chaz » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:10 pm

catmoon wrote:A friend of mine is scheduled for MRI scans to find a suspected brain tumour. She is only 23 and has an 18 month old son.

I took a Medicine Buddha empowerment. Is there anything else I can do besides pujas?

Medicine Buddha, White Tara, Tonglen.
Chaz

Postby Will » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:48 pm

catmoon wrote:A friend of mine is scheduled for MRI scans to find a suspected brain tumour. She is only 23 and has an 18 month old son.

If you have a connection with FPMT or any large or small monastery, ask the monastics to pray and do a puja for your friend.
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
Will

Postby catmoon » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Will wrote:

If you have a connection with FPMT or any large or small monastery, ask the monastics to pray and do a puja for your friend.

Ah, Will, what a good idea! I do have some such connections.
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby Pema Rigdzin » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:03 pm

Catmoon,

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. Here are some more resources for commissioning pujas on her behalf. The first link is connected to the Ven. Dodrupchen's monastery in Sikkim, and the second is connected to the monastery and nunnery of my root lamas, the late Ven. Khenchen Palden Sherab Rinpoche and his brother Ven. Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche, in Sarnath. Lastly, there's a link to the animal release practices also conducted by the Sangha of the Ven. Khenpo Rinpoches (Paypal link at the bottom. $25 buys 100 fish). May this be of some benefit.

http://www.mahasiddha.org/prayers/index.html

http://www.padmasambhava.org/prayerreq.html

http://www.padmasambhava.org/animallib/anilib.html
Pema Rigdzin

Postby Sherab Dorje » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:22 pm

What happened with the scan? What did they find?
If you want to you can do the animal release yourself (together with your friend), the links for a couple of practices are here viewtopic.php?f=50&t=3697#p33113 and I can send you an electronic version of the Jamgon Kongtrul text if you wish.
:namaste:
"When one is not in accord with the true view
Meditation and conduct become delusion,
One will not attain the real result
One will be like a blind man who has no eyes."
Naropa - Summary of the View from The Eight Doha Treasures
Sherab Dorje
Global Moderator

Postby LastLegend » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:07 pm

gregkavarnos wrote:What happened with the scan? What did they find?
If you want to you can do the animal release yourself (together with your friend), the links for a couple of practices are here viewtopic.php?f=50&t=3697#p33113 and I can send you an electronic version of the Jamgon Kongtrul text if you wish.
:namaste:

Yes a very excellent choice!!! Please this will definitely pro-long life and cure a disease. Try crickets for their lives are in immediate danger of being eaten by other animals.
NAMO AMITABHA
NAM MO A DI DA PHAT (VIETNAMESE)
NAMO AMITUOFO (CHINESE)
LastLegend

Postby catmoon » Tue May 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Sorry guys, still no word yet. She moved recently and now I only see her if I bump into her downtown...
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby catmoon » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:21 am

Well it seems she's not going to die just yet. The feared brain tumour turned out to be old, benign, and unchanging. But her blood tests are still showing cancer markers and they are still poking around.
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby tummo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:54 am

The most valuable thing you could do is to explain her the idea behind Phowa and then inspire her to attend a Phowa teaching.
Unless she is a practitioner already, a year from now or 100 years from now the death will happen anyway.
At least she could do Phowa at that moment.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
tummo

Postby kirtu » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:11 am

catmoon wrote:Well it seems she's not going to die just yet. The feared brain tumour turned out to be old, benign, and unchanging. But her blood tests are still showing cancer markers and they are still poking around.

:applause:

Excellent news!

Kirt
Kirt's Tibetan Translation Notes

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
kirtu
Former staff member

Postby Luke » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:05 am

I remember Namdrol once saying that Green Tara practices are beneficial for those who have cancer. Maybe it could be good for tumours, too?
Luke

Postby catmoon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:13 am

So some pujas have been done, some prayers and mantras recited, and my friend seems to be no longer dying. In fact she is looking tanned, fit and is working at a fruit stand. She has has not even mentioned medical difficulties for quite some time.

Isn't that interesting.
catmoon
Former staff member

Postby deff » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:08 pm

awesome news! :thumbsup:
deff

Return to Tibetan Medicine