Akhyuk Rinpoche passed into parinibbana July 23 2011

username

Re: Akhyuk Rinpoche passed into parinibbana July 23 2011

Post by username »

Pema Rigdzin wrote:... an extraordinary claim is made to intelligent people with critical thinking skills.

I don't have anything to say about these photos either but IMO rainbow bodies exist.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

username wrote:The mandala people of Jigmed Phuntsok and Achuk would be very stupid to pull such a stunt, placing a doll, as it would be very self destructive to the dharma and they are not morons to do that.
Also, number one, I did not suggest there is in truth a doll inside the lama clothes lol. Instead of "doll," I could have said "a mound of dough" or a "pile of tomatoes" or a "flux capacitor, taken from Marty's Delorean." What I meant was that from the POV of one who cannot know for himself what is underneath the brocade, there could be anything under there.

Number two, I am sure that the individuals making up the mandala of disciples of these masters are outstanding practitioners and fine human beings and probably wouldn't do anything inappropriate. But, I don't know them from Adam, personally. And disciples of other great masters at times throughout Tibetan history have done things on a grand scale that are destructive to the Dharma, even though in some cases they had little choice due to circumstances or their decisions were just not well thought out.

Think fake tulku enthronement or the Buddhification and worship of fickle and destructive worldly spirits, or being too attached to one's master's dissolving body while he's attaining rainbow body and going against his words and cremating what's left of it so fellow disciples can have some relics to help them deal with the physical loss. Or also think about a great Dzogchen master who explicitly told his disciples that he wouldn't be starting a tulku line and so not to snatch up some innocent boy and claim that he's his tulku, yet they go an do just that after he's died. So, as you can see, whether down right corrupt and destructive or just well-intended but misguided, disciples of great masters have been no strangers to things that in the end are destructive to the Dharma - or at least people's faith in it.

Now I am not here claiming, nor have I claimed previously, that anyone connected to Khenpos JigPhun or Achuk actually have done any such things or would do them... I'm just illustrating the point that an intelligent person cannot just naively believe every extraordinary claim made to him by people he doesn't know from Adam, even if unbeknownst to him those people are truly like the Buddha himself.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

username wrote:
Pema Rigdzin wrote:... an extraordinary claim is made to intelligent people with critical thinking skills.

I don't have anything to say about these photos either but IMO rainbow bodies exist.
Well, then, we agree on two points: 1) Rainbow body does occur, even in the present day; and 2) the above-mentioned Khenpos - true Dzogchen masters - were some of the most likely individuals to realize it.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
username

Post by username »

In another post I mentioned some minor siddhis by other shamanic traditions. I think about lots of things but honestly miracles or major/minor siddhis I very rarely think about. For some reason they just don't interest me. Rainobw bodies though are due to total puification and ultimate integration into the five elements' colors. But that is well beyond me and I simply don't know how they actually manifest despite the texts' descriptions. So I have nothing meaningful to say about them either.
Dzogchen masters I know say: 1)Buddhist religion essence is Dzogchen 2)Religions are positive by intent/fruit 3)Any method's OK unless: breaking Dzogchen vows, mixed as syncretic (Milanese Soup) 4)Don't join mandalas of opponents of Dalai Lama/Padmasambhava: False Deity inventors by encouraging victims 5)Don't debate Ati with others 6)Don't discuss Ati practices online 7) A master told his old disciple: no one's to discuss his teaching with some others on a former forum nor mention him. Publicity's OK, questions are asked from masters/set teachers in person/email/non-public forums~Best wishes
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

I do apologised about not giving a clearly photos (one is better in dzogchen forum, someone else posted it), showing it's neither cushion edge nor table edge, it was a board in front of kudon yes, but just one inch higher than the seat.... whatever.
I have heard someone said that lama's body shrinked, so I posted the news, which was not wrong i hope (although it was said to be one hand tall, which is a bit over stated, probably that person saw the kudon and found it's really smaller, but maybe not that small)
I posted the photo because someone asked me to. And I posted the best I can get. Then I started to explain how was it, blah blah.

OK, the point is, I didn't just post that photo to 'prove' lama's shrinking, although I think it's convincing for me.
Probably as Pema Ridzin said, western people tend to question all those.
However, two more reasons i posted this:
1. Shrink or not, Akhyuk lama is a mahasiddha, if we all accept that, his body is the combination of countless dieties. So seeing the photo probably is good. People did post Penor Rinpoche's kudon ceremony, I am sure it was touching for many people, like it did to me.
2. Even many people here all believe that Akhyuk Lama is shrinked (I never said that IS rainbow body), seeing the photo might still inspire them more, like we know buddha is great but seeing the photo of statue is still inspiring, like it inspired me.
For those don't believe, it doesn't matter, they will leave it alone, why worry much?

I know what pema ridzin said about those tigle and rainbow body photos, I never fully trusted those photo (that's different from the kudon photo here though). Akhyuk Lama is a bit special indeed, he was less hesitate to show his supernatural ability. But it's everyone's choice to believe or not. I tend to believe not because the photos of tigles, but because, logically if many enough people all swear that they saw four-arms cheresi on his fronthead, there must be something special.

But in the end, it's the example he showed us, it's the teaching he gave, which are really important.
(to next post)
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

so I am just going to share one thing i read from his biography and some his last words, as an offer to dharma friends here.

first is how he served his guru:
his root guru is Chamgen Are, a main student of Khenpo Ngachung, holding the precious Dzogchen lineage.
they didn't leave Tibet, so when Chinese communists got in Tibet, they suffered a lot. However, Akhyuk lama never left his guru, he served his guru for about 30 yr. When his guru facing Commuists' physical attacks, he protected his guru with his own body. When they were thrown into hard-labour camp, he did all hard labour for his guru. When lacking food, he gave his food to his guru. When his guru lost ability to walk, he carried his guru on his back.

In Dzogchen, we said 'the realisation of guru is moved to student's mind stream through devotion.' You can't find a better example for that.

second is what he requested everyone before his passing:

He said:
I hope my students and all buddhism followers, no matter tibetan or chinese, stay gethered and get alone well with their sangha and even people around them. Follow the vows, do not kill, do not steal, do not smoke, do not drink alcohol, do not selling animals.

Rinpoche also said, beside the requirement above, if people promise to recite 108 mani and name of amitaba buddha everyday, plus 2000000 of short vajrasattva mantra and 10000000 amitabha mantra in this life, he gaurantee that he will meet them again in pureland.
username

Post by username »

narraboth wrote:his root guru is Chamgen Are, a main student of Khenpo Ngachung, holding the precious Dzogchen lineage.
That's right, Achuk was the tulku of terton Longsal Nyingpo and in the west Achuk's root guru who was a great master is known as tulku Arik Rinpoche who was a student of the famous Ngagchung as you said with his friend Chatral Rinpoche and apart from being a Nyingma master was also a master of Sakya school which he taught extensively to Achuk as well as Longsal lineage and of course the usual and rarer Nyingma teachings. He passed away in the late 80's.
puebloazul

Post by puebloazul »

I was in eastern Tibet this month beginning Sept. 1. Many people reported seeing Khenpo Achuk's face in the sky to the upper right of the sun on the morning (11 AM) on Sept. 1. I viewed photos taken from 3 different sources many miles apart. Those who took photos with a phone recorded a round purple aura to upper right of the sun. I saw two images taken with two different cameras which clearly showed Rinpoche's facial image in the sky surrounded by the same purple aura. Many, many people in Eastern Tibet viewed this phenomena. An interesting note: Rinpoche was still wearing his glasses in the photo images I saw.
yagmort

Post by yagmort »

so, after all this time is it possible to confirm what exactly happened with Khenpo Acho body? i neither question his realization nor obsessed with rainbow body phenomenon, just would like to hear facts: if his body shrinked, dissolved completely or stayed the same.

asking because in the book "Great Secret of Mind" it is said:
...Recently, on August 29, 1998, at Dome Khamngak in Azi Rong in Tibet, Khenpo Choying Rangdrol, commonly known as Khenpo Acho, eighty years of age, attained physical dissolution. Khenpo Acho was a reincarnation of Drokben Kheuchung Lotsawa, as prophesied by the spiritual head of the Nyingma school, Dudjom Jigdral YesheDorje, and he was the holder of the teaching of Vajrakilaya: The Razor Slash. One day at noon, lying in bed, without having suffered any recent illness, while in the posture of a sleeping lion and reciting the six-syllable mantra, he attained buddha in the primordial basic matrix of alpha-purity, his heart of clear light reality perfected beyond the intellect. As his body dissolved into light, his wrinkles vanishing, he seemed like an eight-year-old child with a beautiful complexion. After a week had passed, when people came to know of his death, they performed his death puja secretly in order to deceive the authorities, and at that time, rainbows appeared inside and outside, and a pleasant aroma pervaded the place. His body gradually diminished in size, and at the end, he attained buddha; not even his nails and hair were left behind...
i assume "primordial basic matrix of alpha-purity" is a Dowman's way of translating things, but i'm curious if Khenpo Acho's body actually dissolved as stated?
stay open, spread love

Return to “Nyingma”