Akhyuk Rinpoche passed into parinibbana July 23 2011

Karma Samten

Khenpo Achuk passed away

Post by Karma Samten »

Khenpo Achuk passed away

It is the saddest day of the Dzogchen world, the founder of Yachen Orgyen Samten Chöling (also known as Yachen Gar), His Holiness Jamyang Lungtok Gyaltsen Rinpoche (Khenpo Achuk, Akhyuk Rinpoche), the seniormost teacher of the Nyingma tradition residing in Tibet, beloved by so many, has passed away at the early morning, 2:15am, July, 23, 2011, in Yachen Gar, Kham.

Details will be announced soon. He will live forever in our hearts.

http://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?titl ... k_Rinpoche" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

username

Re: Khenpo Achuk passed away

Post by username »

He inherited the role of being the ultimate refuge inside Tibet from his mahasiddha friend Jigmed Phuntsok. Apart from being a great Nyingma master, he was a great trained Gelug master too. He doesn't need prayers but it is beneficial to pray to him for ourselves and others. Like his friend numerous miracles occurred around him, a few miraculous photos below, though his greatest miracles were studying reflecting and meditating constantly and teaching and helping people and reviving the dharma in the last 3 decades inside Tibet on a massive scale with and then after Jigmed Phuntsok:
http://bodhiactivity.wordpress.com/2011 ... -rinpoche/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He is undoubtedly back in copper colored mountain.
Karma Samten

Post by Karma Samten »

Beloved His Holiness, please stay!
Please stay for us,
Please stay for all the sentient beings!

In this dark age, we are frightened, we lost protections, please stay with us.
We are afraid to face this Sun-less sky, we are afraid to face this color-less world, we are afraid to face this desperate Samsara!

May my miserable crying stop you from leaving!
May my sad tears turn your head towards helpless us!
May cruel impermanence give me a little room for breathing!

Lama Chenno! Lama Chenno! Lama Chenno! His Holiness, did you hear us? did you hear our crying and prayers?
muni

Post by muni »

We aren't separate, dear friends.

Many many warmth.
Prayers. _/\_ _/\_ _/\_
phantom59

Akhyuk Rinpoche passed into parinibbana July 23 2011

Post by phantom59 »

The most renowned meditation master in Tibet, Akhyuk Rinpoche, Jamyang Lungtok Gyaltsen (aka Drubwang Lungtok Gyatso) passed away Saturday at his remote encampment in the highlands of Eastern Tibet. Together with the late Khenpo Jikmé Phuntsok (1933-2004) of Larung Gar Buddhist Academy, Akhyuk Rinpoche revitalized the study and practice of Buddhism in Eastern Tibet beginning in the 1980s, eventually drawing tens of thousands of students from across Tibet and China to his Buddhist encampment of Yachen Gar.

Akhyuk Rinpoche born on 1927 passed into parrinibbana at his hermitage at Yachen Gar on July 23, 2011 Akhyuk Rinpoche experienced great hardship in his life, especially during the cultural revolution (1966-1976). Eventually, after the death of Arik Rinpoche in 1988, Akhyuk Rinpoche began teaching. Students settled around him in the barren highlands of the Eastern Tibetan where the monks and nuns lived in simple mud-walled houses, burning yak dung for fuel. Above fourteen thousand feet in elevation, windswept and exposed, it offered few comforts. For the hermits, however, the infinite sky view and lack of distraction found in villages and cities make it ideal for meditation. The meditators were once described to me as, "sons and daughters of the mountains choosing mist as their clothes and meditation as their food."

During the 1990s, the population of monks and nuns at Yachen Gar (also known as Yachen Orgyen Samten Chöling) grew to over 7,000. Despite the nonpolitical nature of the monks and nuns meditating at Yachen, trouble was at their doorstep. The Chinese authorities deemed problematic this encampment of adobe huts and tents filled with meditating monks, nuns and lay practitioners. Not only did such an encampment exhibit the strength and resilience of Tibetan identity and its unique wisdom culture, it also stirred the principal fear that the chinese communist party has about Tibet; a complete lack of legitimacy, even after 60 years of rule. In the fall of 2001, just months after the demolition of thousands of homes at the Larung Gar Buddhist Academy in Golok, chinese communist officials acted upon their fear and ordered the demolition of large parts of Yachen Gar

Akhyuk Rinpoche was staying in his one-room hermitage where he had been for the past decades, sitting in meditation, when not receiving students and pilgrims. I asked the rather stern looking monk for a blessing and after reciting a few prayers, Akhyuk Rinpoche reached towards his chest and pulled from his bare skin a ringsel, a kind of pearl-like relic that is often found in cremation pyres of saints. I had only read about ringsel, never having seen one, and certainly did not know that the sacred relic might manifest while the saint was still alive. I later learned that such physical signs of spiritual realization indeed could come during the life of accomplished yogis. Upon handing me the small ringsel, I felt, for a few minutes, what can only be described as, my awareness knew no bounds. Akhyuk Rinpoche recommended that I wear it in my amulet as a protection. I felt as though it was a reminder of how the mind is when it is set free from the habitual patterns of chasing after thoughts.

On another occasion a year later, after giving a short Buddhist teaching to my Tibetan travel partner and me, Akhyuk Rinpoche spontaneously pulled his shirt and shawl over his head and yelled, "What do you see?" Upon looking on his chest, a shadow-like but very clearly defined triangular shape, pointing downward, extended the length of his body, as well as a darkened swoosh on his neck, as if painted lightly with an ink brush. The unconventional master explained that the triangle shape was the appearance of a ritual phurba-dagger (used to vanquish the self-cherishing ego) on his body as a result of deep states of meditation. That I could see it was a sign of our spiritual connection, but because the details were not clear was an indication that I needed to spend long periods in meditation retreat. The ink swoosh, Akhyuk Rinpoche told me, was a sign of the blessing of his own teacher, Arik Rinpoche, who had a long whispy beard.

Read more at : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matteo-pi ... 10506.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
narraboth

Re: Akhyuk Rinpoche passed into parinibbana July 23 2011

Post by narraboth »

Rinpoche was one of few lamas who willing to show his super ability.
He accepted requests of checking where people's died families or friends are. He would correctly describe how the died person was like even he didn't know him at all.
what worries we practitioners is, most of those people are in lower realms, even they are mostly Tibetan, who supposed to be buddhists. We should really be careful about what we do and think, it's not easy to go to higher realm or pureland as many people think, even buddha has said how rare one can get a human life in Sutras.
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

news from Yachen!
Akhyuk Lama's kudon has shrinked to one hand high, in front of thousands of people there
sonam.p

Post by sonam.p »

__/|\__
many thanks for the inspiring news...
adinatha

Post by adinatha »

One clear photo is all we need to establish this phenomena.
CAW!
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

May Akhyuk Rinpoche quickly return to gladden and teach all beings.
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

.jpg
.jpg (60.98 KiB) Viewed 14347 times
post here too, in case someone will be interested.

it was taken on 1st aug, probably higher than one hand, but surely not the normal size a dead man should be.
(that is not head and shoulder, that's the whole body)
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Narraboth - could you please post a complete biography for this master from the Chinese or Tibetan? Is it being openly acknowledged that this is a form of rainbow body?

Thanks!

Kirt
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."

HH Chetsang Rinpoche
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

kirtu wrote:Narraboth - could you please post a complete biography for this master from the Chinese or Tibetan? Is it being openly acknowledged that this is a form of rainbow body?
hi, I don't know if it's 'openly acknowledged' (don't want to generate debate), although many people call that a kind of rainbow body siddhi.
It is definitely an openly acknowledged sign of supreme siddhi described in Dzogchen tantras.

There are two biography, one is short and one is long autobiography by Akhyuk Lama himself, which is very interesting to read. Akhyuk Lama was a Khampa man and the way he spoke/wrote was very straight forward.
Unfortunately I don't have time nor ability to translate them into Engilsh. Hope some people could do that.
Chinese versions:
short: http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!BhdsKBCZE ... 6&next=704" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
long: http://www.dymf.cn/Article/xmbd/zang/ni ... /6679.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(there are two part, first is common biography, only this part is translated. This part contains three sections, this page is section one, but if you read chinese, there is a link to the next two sections)

He also talked a lot about many great masters suffered in jail or hard labour between 1960-1980s, a bit sad to read.
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

a clearer photo
fazhao.jpg
fazhao.jpg (118.86 KiB) Viewed 12930 times
Pero

Post by Pero »

narraboth wrote:a clearer photo
fazhao.jpg
Can you tell me what I'm looking at? I don't see any body or remains of it, just some ornaments.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Josef

Post by Josef »

Pero wrote:
fazhao.jpg
Can you tell me what I'm looking at? I don't see any body or remains of it, just some ornaments.
His body is under the crown.
He is all wrapped up in silks etc.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
Pero

Post by Pero »

Nangwa wrote:
Pero wrote:
fazhao.jpg
His body is under the crown.
He is all wrapped up in silks etc.
Thanks. That makes it impossible to see anything in a still photo.
Although many individuals in this age appear to be merely indulging their worldly desires, one does not have the capacity to judge them, so it is best to train in pure vision.
- Shabkar
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Right, Pero?

This mode of adornment may be due to instructions in some tantra or something, and if so, what can one say against that? But it really does nothing at all in terms of inspiring faith to show pictures like this. Especially for Westerners, because we have a long history of being exposed to all kinds of phenomena that are supposedly incredible but turn out to have just been hoaxes or fakes.

Mind you, I am not in any way insinuating that the above is a hoax or a fake or questioning this lama's attainment... only saying that for probably most of us, doubts based on past conditioning are more or less inevitable and make it impossible to outright believe the claim when the body is invisible due to these coverings. All one can see is a pile of fancy clothes with a crown on top.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
narraboth

Post by narraboth »

'really does nothing at all' probably is a too strong word.
what you saw is what people in the gompa saw, probably even clearer, thinking of you would be in thousands and would be only allowed to walk near for seconds. If thousands were touched there, no reason that it does nothing here. Better not to put your own experience on others even it did nothing to you.

Of course, even in China, there will be still people doubt (I saw several in Chinese Gelug forum); in the same way, even in western world, there will be people inspired.
For me, if you know how the throne is usually like, the five buddhas hat is usually like, the shoulder ornament is usually like, plus how tibetan lama's bodies are usually treated (they were always rolled with clothes) then the shrinking is just obvious. If you know nothing about them, maybe google them, if you couldn't be bothered, leave it alone.
If you were there in Yachen Gar, the body would be also 'still', and with all clothes etc like in photo. Surely you won't be allowed to go up touch him. There won't be any difference of the 'impossibility to see anything'.
But as long as you trust those faithful tibetan disciples didn't put something small in instead of lama, and you think how big you will be if you were in some yellow silk, things will be clear (at least for me).

The best way for some people probably is to drag out lama's corp out and put on an iron bed, and measure it every hour. But to be honest, there's no need to sort out everyone's doubt like that.
The main propose of posting the photo on this forum is, to show that even today, people can achieve what tantra says. But those who doubt everything, they will always have something to argue, so let them be.
Last edited by narraboth on Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

narraboth wrote: The best way for some people probably is to drag out lama's corp out and put on an iron bed, and measure it every hour.
This is what modern people want and it goes back to what Pema Ridgzin mentioned.

Kirt

HH Chetsang Rinpoche

Return to “Nyingma”